Experienced Civil Engineer
Our client is looking for an experienced Civil Engineer to work in their busy Birmingham office. Candidates will need to enjoy working on technically challenging projects and be focused on delivery of results. Working as part of a team and reporting to a senior staff member, you will work on a variety of Civil Engineering and Development Planning / Regeneration projects.
The Team regularly undertakes projects in a variety of sectors including Housing, Retail and Industrial for a broad range of both public sector and private sector clients in the UK. The Manchester office delivers a complete range of Civil Engineering services from due diligence and scheme concept through to detailed design and construction monitoring.
- 3-4 years' experience in highways and drainage works in UK;
- Knowledge of storm and foul water drainage network design using MicroDrainage;
- Knowledge of and design capability for SUDS systems;
- Conversant with highway layouts (vertical and horizontal alignments);
- Competent in using AutoCAD for general civil engineering drawing production;
- Knowledge of Flood Risk Assessments would be beneficial;
- Experience of preparing calculations, drawings and reports;
- Able to successfully communicate with suppliers, clients, contractors, the public and other engineers within the company
- Familiar with Health & Safety, environmental and managerial procedures;
- Able to present / represent your technical work (presentations / meetings);
- Comfortable with assigning and checking the work of technicians/administrative staff;
- Be working towards Chartership with a relevant professional body
What we are looking for
All Engineers are encouraged to have vision, problem-solving capabilities, ambition, enthusiasm, and drive. Our client recognises that people are the key to their success.The person they are looking for should possess:
- A questioning / challenging approach - not be afraid to ask the right question at the right time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements or seek guidance when unsure
- The ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
- A commercial and client focused approach
Applicants should have an BEng (or equivalent) Civil Engineering Degree.
What You Will Get If Successful
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working
- Workplace Pension
- Training and Development
- Sponsorship of Professional Membership
Interested in this or other roles in Civil Engineering, please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now on or call . We have many more vacancies available on our website. Please refer to www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.
- Micro Drainage and PDS
- 3-4 Years' Experience
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'