OBJECTIVE OF ROLE
*Provide a high level of secretarial support recognised throughout the firm as reliable, responsible and trusted to work closely with the partners and assistants in their department.
*Line management for 14 Legal PA's and Filing Clerks.
*Provide career progression for able Legal PA's.
*Provide a front line enhanced client service alongside other firm initiatives such as the Client Relationship Executive role.
*Assist Head of Department with day to day management of the department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
*Line management of Legal PA's, to include:
- Directly supervising Legal PA's, tracking all aspects of performance and giving regular feedback through one to ones;
- Ensure effective PA cover is provided on a daily basis, including periods of holiday and sickness absence;
- Ensure absence management is managed effectively, completing return to work meetings, where necessary and monitor timekeeping;
- Co-ordination of PA appraisal process; gathering feedback, conducting appraisal meetings;
- Identifying and managing under performers, including obtaining feedback from fee earners and holding review meetings with PA's concerned, with assistance from HR, where necessary;
- Monitor performance during probation period of new joiner PA's; gather feedback and complete probation reviews with involvement of HR where performance has not been fully effective
*Recruitment of Legal PA's - liaising with the Head of Department and HR and carrying out first stage interviews.
*IT ability - Advanced skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and DM systems
*IT Coordinator role in each department; to act as a focal point of communication between the respective department and the IT dept and to provide first line support to the department on IT related queries.
*To assist in the co-ordination and planning of departmental moves, trainee rotations and new starters. Liaise with Head of Department ("HODs"), HR and the Facilities department as necessary.
*Ensure proper coordination between HODs (in particular departmental HODs where there are more than one) and ensure effective communication between international partner groups on matters of mutual interest.
*Monitor and coordinate international partner visits to the London office.
*Attend monthly meetings with other EA's and HR regarding matters of common interest.
*Advanced level of partner/client relations depending on departmental needs/instruction from HOD
*Liaise with the Accounts dept to support the HODs regarding billing and accounting. Ensure budget and expenses are correctly allocated and signed off.
*Provide administrative support to the Business Development team on pitch documents.
*Pro-actively supporting the credentials gathering process, i.e. when a matter closes, advise the relevant account manager of this.
*General administration support on pitches, presentations, directory submissions, CV updates and attending meetings where necessary (with guidance from the Business Development team).
*Act as liaison between department and the Knowledge Management team.
*Super-user knowledge of the DM system; familiarity of DM policies and procedures.
*Work station/desk assessments for lawyers and support staff as appropriate.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
*A 'can do' attitude, willingness to learn and expand knowledge and skills within the role, approachability, flexibility as to hours and the role itself, a practical/common sense approach;
*Ability to build and maintain constructive relationships with individuals at different levels of seniority;
*Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills;
*Provides leadership and direction to PA's;
*Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and DM systems;
*Previous legal secretarial/PA experience essential;
*Accuracy and speed in audio/copy typing and marking up and formatting documents required;
*Proven ability to work effectively as a team player;
*Ability to stay calm in often demanding situations and work well under pressure.
Should this role be of interest, please email immediately.
- "Legal Secretary" "Legal PA" "Team Leader" "Team Coordinator" "Intellectual Property" "Manager" "Law Firm"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job