PERMANENT POSITION - 1232/3
Events Operations Manager based in Bournemouth
Our client has an exciting opportunity to join them as Events Operations Manager within the Events Sector delivering events across the UK.
The role of Events Operations Manager:
This exciting role is for one of the UK's award winning Events companies, based in Bournemouth but covering Events across the UK. They are a full service event management company that work with some well know clients delivering their events. They offer a service that covers large scale conference, private parties and award ceremonies. As well as this they deliver pop up events and work with festivals.
Working closely with the team and alongside the Managing Director, to further develop and drive the strategy of this growing business.
The role will be varied, with a hand in virtually all aspects of the business. Including;
• Being the right-hand person to the MD.
• Reviewing working practices.
• Ensuring we operate at all times under our strict demand of quality, ethos and brand values.
• Driving the business forward to increase profits.
• Developing, coaching and motivating a high calibre team to support the successful and growing business.
• Manage information and report accurate and useful data in management reports and meetings.
• Provide proactive financial management for key performance indicators and cash flow control.
The role is an opportunity for a driven, creative and highly organised individual to lead a team within a large-scale event organiser. The business has shown consistent growth for a number of years.
In order to be successful, you must be highly organised, efficient and motivated by success.
To be part of the team here, you will need to be forward-thinking, driven and highly dedicated to achieve success. We are looking for an individual that can lead the operations area and bring in best practices, set strategic goals and motivate others.
You will be used to working in a fast-paced environment. The Event industry is hard work, fast paced, but has brilliant results. It can be a roller coaster!
The ideal candidate will have:
• A strategic and detailed technical understanding of events and event experience.
• Understanding of operational procedures and process.
• A natural talent for managing costs with a frightening level of effectiveness and will relish the challenge of negotiating supplier deals. You must understand the balance of making an event look great without excessive expenditure.
• Experience in large-scale event delivery.
• Supreme organisational and prioritising ability
• Strong leadership skills, with the ability to establish and retain a strong team as well as fostering a great team culture.
• Able to take a strategic view and to get your hands dirty, with the ability to flit between the finer detail and the big picture.
• The ability to manage external relationships and business expectations with excellent communication skills.
• Motivation and passion by the bucket-load.
• The ability to guffaw loudly at stressful times!
• Take full ownership for the operations function of the business, ensuring best practice is achieved and delivered.
• Develop detailed action plans to achieve growth.
• Financial: Overall responsibility for budgets including preparation, negotiations, accurate and timely monthly forecasts, alert management about risks and deviations to plan, and make recommendations for corrective action.
• Bring a level of creativity to the role.
• Effective project management including ownership and adherence of timelines and accurately track and evaluate results on overall project goals.
• Engagement and effective management of suppliers. Oversee the addition of supplier admin, including a preferred supplier system, new contracts and terms & conditions.
• Keep and build a strong, motivated, fulfilled and happy team. We are only as good as our team, and it is vital to uplift and manage effectively. Continually train, advance and teach the team.
In return you’ll get:
• Bonus scheme
• Flexible working hours
• Holiday allowance
• Free office snacks, fruit, green tea, beer, etc.
• Free team lunch every Friday
• Relaxed and flexible working environment in Bournemouth
• BI-Monthly team events
• Free parking and use of company vehicles(s)
The ideal candidate will look forward to coming to work, they will coach, lead and motivate the team and they will strive for excellence.
The successful candidate will have the freedom and flexibility to expand the role to the very limits of their ambition and capabilities.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
- Leadership skills
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent Time Management
- Strong Management skills
- Background in Events Management