We’re a thriving team passionate about working together to deliver excellence, all in a natural forest environment.
Join the UK’s number one short break destination. We are proud to have more than 7,000 team members across five Center Parcs Villages and Head Office, working to create memorable experiences for families in beautiful forest locations.
The Events team focus on delivering the highest levels of guest satisfaction through service and value for money for both our corporate and leisure events. We offer a themed and seasonal programme of entertainment for our guests, conferences and seminars for external clients and internal corporate and social events for our colleagues.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
- Annual profit share/management bonus
- Staff Reward Scheme
- Free use of leisure facilities
- Discounted Center Parcs breaks
- 20% discount in restaurant and retail outlets
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Events Manager, you will be responsible for co-ordinating all Village events, including corporate and internal bookings. You will provide the highest levels of guest service, from initial liaison with the client through to the delivery of the event. Excellent communication skills are therefore required, along with exemplary customer service skills.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Working alongside the Events Manager to ensure the correct level of resource is deployed to deliver the event and that communication with the operations team and other departments is correct and timely
- Providing advice and guidance on colour schemes, themes and décor, with best value for money and brand delivery in mind
- Having an awareness and understanding of budget /payroll costs to ensure we meet our divisional targets without compromising our level of guest satisfaction/customer service
HOURS OF WORK
You will be contracted to work 64 hours per 4 week period on a flexible basis. This means that your hours and days of work could vary each week, but you will always receive at least your contracted hours each period.
As our village is open 365 days of the year, your working hours may include working weekends, bank holidays and during Christmas and/or New Year on a rota basis.
- Two years’ experience in co-ordinating conferences/large functions/events
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An organised and methodical approach
- Good knowledge of a wide range of Microsoft applications (or equivalent)
- GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Flexible and adaptable
- Have a positive “can do” attitude
- Event Management/Hospitality Qualification BTECH/Diploma/Degree
Closing date: 21 August 2018 at 12 Noon
Interviews to be held: Week commencing 27 August 2018
Please note this vacancy may close at any time once sufficient applications have been received. Early submission of your application is therefore encouraged.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"