Event Project Manager/ Project Manager Events - Events Agency
Up to £45k
"Plans are nothing. Planning is everything."
There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other and this is exactly who we are looking for!
Did you know we really care about your future? If you are an events project manager or senior events project manager, chances are you may have heard of Royall as we are at the forefront of events recruitment.
If you haven’t rest assured, you are in safe hands and we want to lift your potential with this incredible opportunity.
Want to create and deliver with the best?
Integrated award-winning agency. Passionate people. Exciting clients. Varied events and experiences.
Your role as Event Project Manager will be to build and sustain excellent client relationships, leading and supporting diverse clientele through wide ranging projects with responsibility for the full event management cycle - from conception to planning and development to delivery and review. To engage with the junior team and assist with knowledge sharing and mentoring. To work with the Manager and senior team to actively share the pressures of the day to day management of the team. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Project Management & Director or Project Management Team.
Your main roles and responsibilities:
As a pivotal position within the company, you are responsible for managing all aspects of a project. From working on initial client briefs, generating and pitching for jobs, through to detailed planning and delivery on site. The role will require worldwide travel and management with key responsibilities being shared over a team you will manage to deliver UK and overseas events.
Your principle duties:
- International logistics and reconciliation of accounts
- Complete control of all delegate/staff and client travel arrangements through our booking systems
- Organising events, conferences, road shows, product launches and gala dinners including full end to end planning and communication
- Interpret client briefing requirements accurately, influence where appropriate, produce full production proposals which you will be expected to co-ordinated within the company
- Accurately and pro-actively record, develop and share clients’ requirements through excellent listening skills and excellent channels of communication
- Effectively lead, direct and develop team members assigned to a project delivering to company standards whilst exceeding clients’ expectations
- Managing clients’ and colleagues’ expectations acting as a single point of contact, through pro-active management and effective project planning with realistic deadlines
- Take ownership and actively manage assigned budgets whilst effectively influencing and negotiating with internal and external parties to ensure targeted profits are achieved and ideally exceeded
- To be able to manage budget is various monetary currencies.
- Building relationships with third party providers, working in partnership with the finance team to ensure best value and delivery against prescribed service level agreements
- To pro-actively alert the company regarding any irregularities, lack of adherence, and or problems which could result in detrimental implications within the project
- Participate in regular meetings with the senior team and work to improve the junior team with mentoring and knowledge sharing
Required skills, qualifications & experiences:
- A minimum of 5-7 years proven experience, running events, agency based is essential
- International experience of logistically challenging events
- Experience of full flight co-ordination
- Implementing and maintaining delegate movement plans
- A proven track record of event reconciliation
- Good worldwide and experience of working with cities and hotels/venues
- To be able to provide example of using DMC’s on large projects.
- Experience of overseas events of over 750 delegates
- To work efficiently over different time zones
- Experience in UK end to end managing events for over 1000 people is essential
- Proven experience of leading, directing or co-ordinating teams through event management is essential and ideally operating within a matrix management structure
- Excellent rapport building, active listening and communication skills are essential supported by proven relationships internally and externally
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills with a passion for customer service, delivery and attention to detail - must leave no stone unturned!
- Proven experience of financial and budget management. Experience of managing event budgets over £1,000,000.00 is preferred
- Experience of producing client proposals
- Experience in managing multiple clients and events simultaneously are essential
- Experience of working in fast moving and client focused businesses coupled with a flexible, methodical and logical approach to work
- In undertaking duties demonstration of the company’s core values
- An understanding of, ideally supported by experience of production elements, including technical, design, print, video, multi-media and presentation would be advantageous
- Experience in delegate management including online registration is preferable
- All financial, commercial, administrative and customer focused competencies commensurate with responsibility for project management and Incentive Travel delivery
This role would suit: Agency Event Project Manager, Event Project Manager, Event Project Director, Senior Event Manager, Senior Project Manager Event, Senior Event Producer, Event Producer, Conference and Events Producer, Creative Events Producer, Corporate Event Manager, Event Manager Corporate, Project Director, Event Project Director
- Event Management
- Project Management
- Corporate Events