Do you have experience of working at management level with internal and external stakeholders coupled with line management experience?
Have you devised and produced programmes of engaging and innovative content at conferences and awards ceremonies to attract and engage relevant audiences?
Does your experience also include building valuable and effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders including event suppliers, sponsors, colleagues etc?
The maternity leave cover role focuses on developing a coherent range of commercial, promotional, profile raising and knowledge events in a fabulous organisation located just outside of High Wycombe, Bucks. For the first few months you would need to be in the office just once a week. This will probably change to being hybrid after this time.
This is a maternity leave cover
What does the Events Manager role involve?
- Managing a portfolio of virtual and face-to-face events for a variety of audiences with specific focus on producing and developing innovative content including formats, topics and programmes which can effectively attract delegates and raise the profile of the organisation
- Communication of core messages and meeting key commercial and business targets
- Developing and managing a network of speakers and working groups to enable the development of engaging programmes. Working with speakers to help develop relevant content
- Management of cost and revenue, create budgets and produce accurate forecasts
- Managing a team of event professionals, identifying and facilitating development opportunities for the team to enable them to achieve goals and targets.
- Ensuring delegate and stakeholder feedback is monitored and fed back into future planning
- Identifying and implementing new concepts around event delivery that keep long running events fresh and interesting attracting an increasingly diverse audience
- Working with marketing, communications and external affairs teams to develop innovative promotional plans aimed at meeting and exceeding event targets
- Plan the strategic direction for the events programme, working with other departments to develop objectives and KPIs for events, and plan and develop resource, budget, timescales, policies and processes that are fit for the purpose of delivering the events strategy
- Plan, deliver and grow the annual conference and exhibition as well as the Management Awards
- Plan and deliver profile raising, influencing events
What skills and experience are needed for the Events Manager role?
- Understanding of the events industry and latest trends and developments, particularly relating to virtual and hybrid events
- Understanding of organisational strategy and the role that events play within this
- Producing accurate budgets with sound revenue and cost management and ability to accurately forecast
- Outstanding communication skills, both in terms of written and oral work, with experience of communicating effectively with broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Good people management, including line management skills and an ability to lead, motivate
- Event Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'