This Event Manager role would be working for a London venue who aim to be the home of world leading events. The Event Manager will be working with other people within the organisation to consistently deliver the best possible service, and always strive to exceed expectations to be considered top in their industry.
An opportunity to work within their Events team which are all fully established has come up and they need someone who has venue experience of at least two years.
The Event Manager’s role is diverse and carries a range of responsibilities that affect the company’s operations and commercial success. As a key manager for the business event portfolio this role drives the success, customer satisfaction and ultimately rebooking of events held at the venue.
What you’ll be doing:
- Event Planning/ Delivery - To be the central point of contact for all event information and to always maintain full knowledge of all aspects related to an event. Effectively pre-plan, manage and operate a portfolio of events of various size and complexity.
- Manage Client Expectations/ Customer Satisfaction - Liaise and develop relationships with clients (internal and external), investigating customer needs with the aim to deliver required results. Set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities on every project ensuring maximum customer satisfaction for organisers, exhibitors and visitors. Evaluate performance of service providers, ensuring feedback is provided as necessary
- Financial Yield - Maximise potential for Event Venue Services (EVS) revenue, which directly impacts the financial performance of the business. Maintain and understand the financial overview of an event. Responsible for the financial closure of an event – reconciling service orders directly after the event and provide the finance department with the means to raise final invoicing.
- Supporting other team members on events as required. Active participation in department meetings and always proactively considering improvements to our service delivery so client expectations are not only met but exceeded.
- Production of key event documentation: pre and post show reports, financial reports, and further management reporting as required.
- Previous Event Management experience is essential
- Venue Experience of at least 2+ years as an Event Manager
- Ability to demonstrate Project Management and Customer Service experience.
- High level of computer literacy with ability to use Microsoft Office suite at an advanced level.
- Aptitude and confidence in adjusting to new databases.
- Effective report writing skills will be required.
- Event Managers will be confident in managing a wide variety of clients, but may need assistance in handling more complex needs from time to time
- NEBOSH (or better H&S qualification) certification is desirable for this role.
- Good working knowledge of events related health and safety legislation.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and floor plans (using CAD)
- Qualifications within Event Management/ Events related field are an advantage.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- This is a company is a fully established and leading London venue
- Real opportunity with proven success to move within the internal framework
- Excellent basic salary c.£35K with bonus and benefits
- The chance to work surrounded by experienced event professionals
- Fantastic support from people that have been in the business on average 6-7 years