Please apply online by clicking on "Apply now", then "I'm interested" button and follow the instructions. Other applications will not be accepted.Company Description
A three-billion-dollar global leader in the high performance and lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA, Inc. designs, develops and markets more than 3,000 styles for men, women and children. Skechers' success stems from its employees, high-quality, varied product offering, diversified domestic and international distribution channels, and targeted multi-channel marketing.
The company offers two distinct footwear categories: a lifestyle division and performance footwear. Through licensing agreements, the company also offers branded apparel, bags, eyewear, toys, and more.
Celebrity product endorsees for Skechers' collections include multi-platinum recording artists Demi Lovato and Meghan Trainor, model and actress Kelly Brook, TV personality Brooke Burke-Charvet, and boxing great Sugar Ray Leonard. In addition, elite marathon champion and Boston Marathon winner Meb Keflezighi, elite runner Kara Goucher, and pro golfers Matt Kuchar, Belén Mozo and Colin Montgomerie represent the Skechers Performance Division.
The Company sells its footwear in department, specialty and independent stores, as well as through more than 1340 Company-owned Skechers retail stores and online at skechers.com. Beyond the United States, Skechers product is available in more than 160 countries and territories through an international network of subsidiaries in Canada, Brazil, Chile, Japan, and 27 countries in Western and Central Eastern Europe, as well as through joint ventures in Asia and distributors around the world.
Headquartered in Manhattan Beach, California, Skechers is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol SKX.Job Description
To liaise with all European store locations, as well the vendors / contractors for all issues regarding the maintenance, repair and Health & Safety. This position coordinates and maintains all of the contracts and documents with the various vendors and agencies that operate with our stores.
- Maintain and updates all documentation and contracts associated with stores ensuring that the most cost effective agreement is negotiated and in place.
- Work with service contractors to provide excellent service to the stores by following up and tracking projects.
- Predict maintenance needs to the store and prioritise according to requirements and timescales.
- Review and approve of proposals and contracts in line with budgets and in liaison with Store Design, Construction and Maintenance Manager.
- Issue of all Purchase Orders for Maintenance and Construction in line with budget and as per procedure.
- Assist with procurement on RFP’s for example; support in writing/developing, identifying potential contractors, dealing with queries that are raised during the process, evaluation of the submissions, continued management of successful work and contractor.
- Prioritise daily facility issues and follow through whilst anticipating and delivering services in a pro-active manner.
- Oversee the daily facilities budgets and spending.
- Project-manage portfolio and large-scale maintenance projects as assigned and in liaison with Store Design, Construction and Maintenance Manager.
- Develop and oversee all Preventative Maintenance Programs e.g. management of assets (including but not inclusive) electrical testing, fire prevention, HVAC, management of programs, liaising between the stores and contractors, control and management of certification process, ensure completion of works highlighted during the planned programmed visits.
- Follow up on daily construction matters as assigned in a prompt and timely manner.
- Ensure that all contractors and suppliers are compliant with H&S legislation through liaison with external H&S Consultant through communication with retail stores both over the phone and during site visits.
- Liaise with external H&S Consultant and ensure compliance and training/supporting materials are provided to all stores.
- Ensure all staff are aware of procedures and policies pertaining to H&S.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and coordinate to resolution.
- Effectively prioritise according to needs and urgency.
- Good level of experience in retail maintenance, construction and project management.
- Proficient in various basic MS packages including Word, Excel, and other data base programs that are used to organise data.
- Must possess good communication skills both verbal and written as well as excellent problem solving ability.
- Must be organised with the ability to demonstrate initiative, judgment, decisiveness, confidence and discretion.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to demonstrate diplomacy and professionalism to outside vendors and contacts in a positive and friendly manner.
- Experience in liaising with senior managers and adept at building relationships and resources at all levels.
- Requires ability to physically inspect properties
All employees are entitled to the following benefits;
Permanent Full Time Position
- Competitive compensation package
- Product discounts
- 25 days holiday (including public holidays)
- Group Personal Pension
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- Long service awards
- Microsoft Office
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job