CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATOR- Dorset
PERMANENT POSITION 986/6
Salary: Dependent on experience
One of the South’s most respected construction firms, whom prepare, advise on planning and deliver on both residential and commercial properties across the building spectrum are looking for an Estimator to join their team in Dorset.
Consulting on high-end homes to mixed-use developments and office complexes, you will be based in Bournemouth and covering Dorset, Hampshire and Wiltshire.
The company offers premium levels of reliability, high service levels, and quality, while providing the latest technology and building materials.
Job Description- Construction Estimator
Within this role as Estimator you will need to be able to:
• As an Estimator you will calculate the tender prices and produce written quotes, or calculate from historical data and experience.
• Send out tender enquiries for all prospective projects
• Obtain 3 prices for every trade involved on the project
• Analyse tender documentation and specifications
• Research and gather material, equipment, transport and sub-contractor costs
• Carry out material take offs.
• Dependent on complexity and value of project attend visits to sites, if required with the Contracts Manager.
• Agree programme time-line periods with CM and Director who will provide preliminary costs.
Preparation of quotations:
• As an Estimator be able to assemble and display numerical and descriptive information into spreadsheets for projects.
• With assistance where necessary, checking of spreadsheet and computation of formulas.
• Attend and present quotations at tender settlement meetings.
• Following a tender settlement meeting add to spreadsheet confirmation of preliminary costs and agreed profit.
• Able to make necessary adjustments to quotation prior to submission to clients
• Assist a Director with the production of a covering letter and associate caveats.
• Assist Director with the submission of quotation to client or client representative.
• As the Estimator you will be expected to attend client meetings when required.
• You will carry out further value engineering and cost adjustments if required and keep up to date on all projects.
• Attend and participate in hand-over meetings to the construction team.
• Provide copies of quotations, take-offs and estimates to assist construction team with placing of orders.
• Highlight any areas that require special attention particularly items that require extended notice periods.
Estimator Overall Required:
• Maintain cost data base by entering and backing up data to company main frame.
• Assist with the implementation of estimating package.
• Assist with the maintenance of existing supply chain and increasing size and quality of same.
• Attend Surveyor monthly meetings.
• Complete meetings within 3-6 months of practical completion
• Attend special site visits as required.
• Undertake annual update meetings
If this role as a construction estimator is of interest to you please apply now.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Real Recruitment Solutions place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with this policy and consistently review regulations to ensure our policy is updated and relevant across all aspects of recruitment in order to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'