- Understand product costing and improve where possible.
- Oversee (and do where appropriate) Sales designs, quotations and tenders, ensuring their timely delivery.
- Sanity check design/quotation requests from sales team and customers to see if we are offering the best solution.
- Log all quotations and ascertain whether jobs have been won or lost, and for what reasons and if lost which competitor has got the job and at what price.
- Hold kick off meetings with relevant parties on receipt of a major Sales orders to ensure all parties are clear on required action (Design, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Transport, Installation, Order Entry & Customer Service).
- Manage customer expectations in terms of lead times.
- Ensure all orders are entered in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that all orders are checked for errors before manufacturing starts.
- Maintain price lists (including customer specific price lists)
- Ensure that purchase prices for factored goods are kept up to date for quotation purposes.
- Manage "Engineering Special" product approval from a commercial viewpoint.
- Ensure that monthly KPI's are completed.
Jobholder must be able to:
- Demonstrate good commercial understanding and experience.
- Understand and have knowledge of the relevant legislation and compliance requirements
- Understand kitchen design and design software
- Use Statistical data to effect improvements
- Maintain accurate records
- Monitor performance and results against pre-determined standards or targets
- Display resilience in pressure situations
- Work flexible hours in order to complete workload
- Establish appropriate resources (people, equipment etc) to achieve objectives
- Establish performance related objectives for staff
- Take timely action to deal with poor performance
- Respond quickly to requests for service
- Prioritise, plan and allocate the workload of others
- Initiate changes aimed at improving output and or quality
- Harness the energies of others to get things done
- Work with daily/ Weekly targets and deadlines
- Chair meetings
- Conduct staff appraisals
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop a "Can do" culture
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer