Estimator - required for my client in their office near Leatherhead. The company specialise within the pilling sector and due to ongoing expansion are looking to grow the team with an Estimator. The Estimator will be working for a company that operate all over the UK working with a variety of Main Contractors and Sub-contractors.
The Estimator will be 3 years + worth of previous experience working as an Estimator within the piling, civil or geotechnical Engineering industry. The Estimator will have knowledge of the pilling industry or within Geotechnics and have a proven track record of performing Take off. The ideal candidate will be sales orientated with a drive to excel in their career. Our client requires all applicants to be qualified to HNC or degree level ideally within Quantity Surveying / Civil Engineering / Geotechnical Engineering however an experienced Estimator will not be required to have a degree.
Estimator Position Overview
- Examining tenders and reviewing contract potential
- Measuring and "Quantity Take-Off" from drawings
- Producing bills of quantities
- Sourcing pre-project information and analysing sub-contractor quotations, agreements and enquiries.
- Build up tender price from first principles based on scope of works, plans, specification programme
- Cost Planning
- Produce tender report in preparation for tender adjudication
- Attend pre & post contract interviews, client meetings etc.
- Comply with company procedures as required.
Estimator Position Requirements
- 3 years + worth of previous experience working as an Estimator.
- Experienced with various forms of contract such as JCT and NEC
- Experience within the piling industry or general civil / Geo technical Engineering sector.
- Live close to Leatherhead
- Confident and capable of communicating with clients and other team members.
- UK driving Licence
- Site experience would be advantageous
Estimator Position Remuneration
- Salary £40K -£55K DOE
- Holiday 28 days
- Other benefits to be discussed at interview
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy