Macildowie are currently recruiting for an EHS Manager for a major construction company based in Gainsborough. The main purpose of the role will be to manage health and safety procedures, including the incident prevention and ISO 14000 program, hands on handling of training and implementation of company policies, practices and programs to support staffing, employee relations, and promote plant wide environmental, health and safety awareness.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the site OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 Management Systems, ensuring compliance with all relevant legal, corporate, local authority or other stakeholder requirements.
- Oversee the site EHS document management systems to ensure that relevant EHS documentation is updated and appropriately communicated.
- Champion the implementation of corporate and site specific EHS procedures
- Coordinate and facilitate the EHS risk assessment process and assist and advise as required in the development of safe systems of work.
- Drive site EHS programmes, goals and targets.
- Coordinate site internal and external EHS Training requirements.
- Attend regular site Safety Development Group meetings.
- Coordinate the implementation, monitoring and testing of site emergency response plans and any associated training requirements.
- Assist and advise where required with accident and incident investigation and monitor the follow up of corrective and preventative actions to closure. Ensure all routine EHS monitoring is completed
- Conduct site internal EHS audits and coordinate 3rd party audits. Report, monitor and drive the follow up of actions.
- Regularly review EHS KPI performance, identify trends and actions as required. Produce required EHS KPI data for the monthly and annual reporting to Works Manager, H&S Manager and E&Q Manager.
- Liaise with Company H&S and Q&E Managers and attend corporate EHS meetings as required.
- Carry out other tasks as deemed necessary, that are within the job holders capability.
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of the requirements of BS OHSAS 18001 and BS EN ISO 14001 Management Systems.
- The job holder will hold, the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health, in addition to environmental related qualifications.
- Understanding of the 5s process.
- The role may involve UK wide travel.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job