Environment, Health & Safety Advisor
12 month FTC
Full Time hours
Our reputable pharmaceutical client is looking for a EHS Advisor to ensure high standards of HS&E management are achieved throughout the organisation, and to ensure that effective systems, processes, and training programmes are implemented and maintained to support the maintenance of a high level of HS&E performance.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
* Assists with the management and continuous improvement of the Companies EHS Management system
* Assists the business in meeting their legal obligations through internal auditing; participation in workplace inspections; reviewing current practices and procedures; advising/assisting on the completion of risk assessments as required and provide assistance with specific EH&S issues that may arise.
* Design and deliver training to staff of all levels within the organisation on various EHS issues including new starter induction training.
* Assists with the development, implementation and monitoring of EHS policies, procedures and strategies in order to meet best practice HS&E management standards
* Liaises with H&S representatives, employees and other stakeholders to assist in identifying, developing and implementing continuous improvements of HS&E standards
* As required, conduct incident investigations to aid collation of evidence to determine root causes and to provide recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
* Responsible for the development and management of the environmental programs for the EKC site
* Promotes EH&S standards
* Maintains EHS records and databases as determined by policies and procedures
* Represent EH&S interests in project teams for implementation of new equipment and products
Experience & Skills required:
* Knowledge and experience of HS&E management and issues gained by a similar position in the chemical, pharmaceutical industry or related sectors
* A good working knowledge of the application of HS&E management
* Demonstrated experience in the implementation and evaluation of management systems and policies relevant to HS&E legislation, codes of practice and standards
* Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
* Current knowledge of EH&S legislation and relevant issues
* Good knowledge of computer systems with developed abilities in Microsoft office applications.
* Strong negotiation skills with the ability to create 'buy-in' from senior management to shop floor
* Able to work in a team environment and facilitate achievement of team objectives
* Confident to present and attend meetings at all levels of the business
* Able to develop good customer relationships
Qualifications and education required:
* A degree or equivalent qualification preferably in a science subject
* NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent or working towards the qualification (Minimum Tech IOSH)
* Environmental qualification and associate membership of IEMA or equivalent or working towards the qualification would be preferred
If you are interested in this role and feel that you have the right skills then please click apply.
For further details, please contact Claire Paas on;
Gi Group Pharmaceuticals provides a tailored Account Managed Service and dedicated Pharmaceutical recruitment team and partners with many different Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology clients throughout the globe and the United Kingdom.
- Health & Safety
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'