We have an exciting opportunity for an Enterprise Middleware Systems Specialist to join our IT Team based in Dunstable & London. This position will be responsible for the assurance and continuous improvement of our Oracle SOA suite and EDQ systems and also our Mulesoft Cloudhub API management platform. This role will also be responsible for providing relevant subject matter advice and guidance to the business and IT Projects within Whitbread.
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Costa Coffee, Beefeater & Premier Inn. By 2020, our goal is to achieve global system sales of around £2.5bn for Costa, and to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
Reporting into the Product Owner for Middleware you will perform the following duties with regards our Oracle Fusion Middleware environments:
- 2nd/3rd Line trouble shooting in incident management
- Impact analysis of patches and review of hosting partner/platform provider action plans.
- Defining, and subsequently managing the action of plan relation to Key maintenance tasks on the Oracle Middleware layer
- Ensuring non-prod environments can be easily implemented and kept up to date.
- Analysis of Oracle Fusion middleware minor patches, point and major releases and review/confirmation of hosting partner action plans
- Involvement in regression testing legacy integrations, regression testing into Fusion for Fusion upgrades and patching
- Impact analysis of Fusion Middleware patching, including SOA Suite, and other associated products (e.g. weblogic, MFT, EDQ, OBI & OBIA)
- Assess with the architecture team, requirements for new integrations – from a functional and technical view.
- Assess the impact of changes, outage etc. on integration schedules.
- Be able to own and action the restart of integrations schedules within the Fusion Middleware platform and also manage changes to the schedules where required.
- Additionally, this role will also be given training in our new Mulesoft Cloudhub API platform in order to perform similar duties to the above on our new strategic API and API management platform.
- Work with Solutions Architects to ensure that the standards for the Oracle Fusion Middleware services are maintained and documented across the estate.
- Work with the Solutions Lifecycle team to ensure that all software asset records are maintained and that any additional requirements are surfaced at the correct time.
- Work with the Information Security team to ensure security standards are included, applied and maintained across the Fusion Middleware product set.
What we are looking for:
- Experienced in the development, testing and support of Oracle SOA Suite & associated Fusion Middleware (FMW) components.
- Experienced with JDeveloper and BPEL
- Development and testing of SOA composites.
- Good working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS, SQL & PLSQL
- Development & testing of Managed File Transfer objects.
- Enterprise Service Scheduler setup and administration.
- Experience with Linux, comfortable with command line interfaces including WLST.
- Knowledge and experience of the Weblogic & EM Consoles.
- Extensive experience with understanding integrations, transformations and data inbound and outbound and the testing and troubleshooting of these.
- Conceptual understanding and exposure to reusable components.
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of Fusion Middleware administration, maintenance and clean-up.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job