About the role
We’re looking for an Engineering Team Leader for our 200-person strong site in Devizes, which creates over 100 million sqm of cardboard packaging a year, for several blue-chip organisations in the FMCG market across the UK.
As our Engineering Team Leader, you will be expected to manage and supervise all engineering activities that are processed and developed by the site, including: proactive and preventative maintenance inspections; remedial and corrective work following inspections and breakdowns; and repair work resulting from unplanned failures of machinery. You will ensure that all work is completed safely according to company and legislative standards, to the required quality level and within the time allotted. You will track daily progress of scheduled work, expediting additional spares and support requirements where necessary, and escalating the need for additional work with key stakeholders so they can support the decision-making process.
You will ensure that the Work Management process phases of execution and completion are fulfilled by the engineering team whilst complying with standard work instructions and accurate, detailed data capture. You will ensure surplus materials are returned to stock and that repairable, service exchange components are returned to stores with appropriate documentation.
We’d also like for you to support the ongoing development and management of the Asset Care programme, working with the Engineering Team, the Planner/Scheduler and the Reliability Engineer, to identify and rectify issues whilst maintaining and improving the standards surrounding Environment, Health & Safety, Housekeeping, Performance, Waste, Communication and Continuous Improvement.
Supporting the Engineering Manager with key objectives and KPIs, the focus is to deliver world-class Service in a fast-paced environment to delight the customer and grow our business.
- Educated to BTEC Level 3 in an engineering discipline
- Several years’ experience in engineering production support
- Able to demonstrate our core values: caring, challenging, trusted, responsive, tenacious
- Experience of people management, with a proactive approach to change management
- Comfortable making decisions in a time-pressured, fast-paced, commercial environment
- Educated to A Level, with HNC/HND Level in an engineering discipline
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, using continuous improvement techniques
- Evidence of continuous learning and development during career
- Working knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Excel
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays?
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension and share scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme and shopping discounts
This role operates on an 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday shift pattern.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'