Engineering Purchasing & Planning Manager
Commutable from Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Kidderminster, West Bromwich and Tamworth
Up to £38,000 plus excellent benefits
An excellent opportunity to join a well known manufacturer who is seeking an Engineering Planning Manager to manage a team, stores stock, job planning, and purchasing functions and connect all sections of the department to create a fully functional system to support the Engineering Department
- To be accountable for all stock, non-stock & contract requirements which should be managed in line with the agreed engineering procurement procedures
- The monitoring and measuring of supplier service levels, providing detailed metrics to relevant personnel & functions in a timely manner and engage in regular reviews of supplier service level performance using KPI’s generated from the system
- To lead at site level and to work with central/regional procurement in order to ensure all agreed strategies & initiatives are enforced and compliance recorded
- Direct reports to supply KPI’s for the engineering stores & procurement function; to pursue improvements & cost savings via the analysis of such information
- To report and advise on the Engineering Budget Spend and fully Liaise with Finance department in connection with all financial tracking for the engineering department
- To be accountable for compliance to planned preventive maintenance schedules
- To be accountable for weekly success rate of 100% priority 1’s
- Individual craftsmen weekly job completion of 100%
- Statutory Inspection compliance via Planned Maintenance System
The ideal candidate will have a background in managing stock, procurement and job allocation for a manufacturing-based engineering department. Strong analytical and problem skills are also required.
MVP has been placing Supply Chain, Logistics, Purchasing and Distribution professionals for over 30 years. For more information on MVP, or to view our current portfolio of vacancies, please visit our website. Please note that it is our policy to add the details of all applicants to our database.
MVP acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Please note that by applying for this position you consent to MVP processing and storing your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work finding services. We process your personal data in accordance with data protection laws, which require us to give you a Privacy Statement to explain how we manage your personal data. Our full Privacy Statement is available to view on the MVP website, or it can be provided upon request.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'