Are you an experienced Engineering and Maintenance Manager with proven knowledge within the waste industry, looking to take on a new challenge? I'm recruiting for candidates with extensive people management experience in Cardiff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Engineering & maintenance function for the Cardiff site
- Maintain the appropriate legislation as well as Company and Contractual requirements
- Plan and manage all aspects of planned and reactive maintenance through all disciplines with effective use of internal and contracted labour
- Be the focus of Engineering knowledge and flow, manage and plan all site maintenance activities to ensure high levels of plant performance, cost reductions and continuous improvement.
- Provide engineering expertise to the operational and management teams, providing information and recommendations to assist and influence decision making
- Extensive and proven knowledge of the waste industry
- Legislative knowledge within the waste industry
- Extensive people management experience within a large department/region at senior level
- Practical Implementation of a Corporate Management System.
- Engineering experience to enable effective management, servicing and repair of all equipment
- Experience in mechanical engineering of process industry or power plants
- Experience in management of Computerised Maintenance Management System
- Educated to degree level and/or with an appropriate formal business qualification
- Full driving licence.
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
- waste management
- maintenance manager
- engineering manager
- waste industry