A truly fantastic opportunity has arisen within our Lifestyles & Work directorate to join us as an Employment Facilitator on a part-time (16 hours per week), fixed term contract to 31st March 2018. We have two posts available, one based in Rotherham, and the other in Barnsley. The successful candidates will be working on our "Positive Futures" project supporting young people with a learning disability to gain the skills required to access to paid work, internships or even volunteering opportunities.
The project has 5 main areas of responsibility:
- Community Impact Course
- Employability Skills
- Supported Work Placement
- Money Management
- Fund Raising Project
To be considered for this role, you will naturally want to help the people we support through workshops to assist with raising their own self confidence. You will need the ability to work on your own initiative and will be able to develop our local services through proactive approaches. Good interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills and the ability to work confidently with clients, employers, and other professionals is essential. The ability to maintain accurate and up to date records using IT based systems is required.
Key skills & Experiences:
- Knowledge of Learning Disability would be advantageous.
- Maths and English to a GCSE standard
- Recruitment or sales experience would be advantageous but not essential
- A full drivers licence with access to a vehicle would be beneficial
- Willingness to travel when required
- Great team working skills.
- Must be flexible to changing working environments.
- Willingness to undergo additional training as and when required.
- This is a fantastic opportunity and a highly rewarding post to positively help people with a learning disability and challenge attitudes towards learning disability as a whole.
Please quote job reference:11121
Does this sound like you …?
If the answer is yes, then we would love to hear from you today!!
Please click the "Apply" button to submit an application and take the next step to becoming part of the Mencap family … Good Luck!!
Please ensure you provide us with a FULL CV along with a covering letter (also detailing which location) for your application to be considered.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job