We have an opportunity for an Employer Engagement Officer to join our team covering centres in Stockport, Ashton, Hanley and Leek on a full time, permanent basis. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £20,000-£26,000 per annum.
Juniper are an independent established training provider who have been assisting young people to move forward and achieve for 35 years. Delivering Traineeships, Study Programmes and Apprenticeships.
As our Employer Engagement Officer your role will be to recruit National Employers to work with Juniper and students and build relationships with LEP contacts, Trade Organisations and other Employer organisations to maximise opportunities for partnership working. You will also expand WEX & progression opportunities available to Juniper students.
You will be expected to cover and travel to the Stockport, Ashton, Hanley and Leek centres but you will be able to choose your primary base of work.
Key Responsibilities of our Employer Engagement Officer:
- Work with employers and businesses and find out what their business needs are
- Engage and build employer links/relationships to recruit National Employers to provide WEX, work tasters, student tours/visits, group talks, mentoring and mock interviews across the centre’s
- Organise employer visits/talks to/from vocationally specific organisations linking to centres LMI
- Understand who the LEPs are across the company and to know their key priorities in each LEP and engage businesses within each of the key priority areas
- Build relationships with Trade Organisations, Guilds and other Employer organisations to maximise opportunities for partnership working and attend job and recruitment fairs as and when necessary
- Communicate and work closely with centre Progression staff to make them aware of local priorities and provide support and contacts which links to the above
- Support the collection of data from employers (surveys, focus groups etc.) and support with developmental actions
- Liaise with the Marketing Officer to ensure social media and marketing is current in relation to employer, business and centre needs and support the celebration of employers support during celebrating success events in centres
- Set up and maintain a LinkedIn profile to support your role and the profile of Juniper to maximise business opportunities and networking
- Support in the planning and delivery of employer engagement and sales sessions during Inspire/Training and CPD days
- Support the monitoring of WEX and Progression figures across the company and support the Employer Engagement Manager with the teams action plan, contribute to actions and targets set
Essential skills we’re looking for in our Employer Engagement Officer:
- Experience of engaging employers/organisations to provide work-experience/progression routes
- Experience of working to targets
- Knowledge of Study Programme
- Knowledge of NEET and barriers faced
- Excellent verbal communication & negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and to network successfully
- Organised and able to provide accurate & timely information to centre network
- Highly motivated
- Innovative & solution focused
- Ability to use initiative and work independently
- Ability to work as part of a team and build productive relationships in the workplace
Working at Juniper is more than just a job, it’s a vocation. The job satisfaction can be immense, considerable development opportunities exist both in terms of training and progression.
In 2013, we undertook the "Best Companies" assessment which gathered in the views of all our staff on what it’s like to work here. We were delighted to achieve a 3 Star rating - the highest available - testament to our commitment to our staff.
If you would like to join our team as our new Employer Engagement Officer then please click 'apply’ today - don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job