Electronics Test Engineer
Benefits: Pension, Healthcare, 25 days a year holiday, share option scheme, flexible working hours and career development
Due to continued growth my clients, an exciting and award winning company based in Cambridge are recruiting a Test Engineer to join their existing and established team.
My client takes pride in engineering and delivering high quality robust products. With increases in the number of product lines and corresponding development, a new role of Test Engineer is being created within the Product Team. The role is to lead the development of test solutions for all stages of the product development, validation, manufacture and product support life cycle.
Successful candidates will be motivated team players with a demonstrated ability to rise to challenges in a dynamic and rapidly evolving work environment, tempered with the maturity to create robust solutions.
- In conjunction with the Product Development team define and specify test system requirements for all stages of the product life cycle: development, verification, manufacture and post-launch product support
- Design, build and commission test equipment (in some cases this will be for delivery to our Far Eastern manufacturing partner and suppliers)
- Execute formal design validation tests and compile reports
- Keep abreast of test requirements and verify that products conform prior to Type Approval testing
- Build-up overall test capability for Environmental, Electrical, Durability and Performance Characterisation testing
- Hands on! We are a small company so everyone has to be engaged
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Sciences or a related discipline
- Strong experience of product development, product test or similar role
- Familiar with high volume manufacturing processes
- Strong knowledge in electrical test and measurement methods
- Experience of working with structured problem solving methodologies, such as 8D, and working within systems such as ISO9001, TS16949, etc.
- A self-starter with excellent technical and problem solving skills with the capability to rapidly grasp the basics of new tools and processes
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to design/analyse electronic circuits at the schematic and PCB level
- Ability to define mechanical solutions for test equipment
- Familiarity with micro-controllers
- Ability to program in C, C# and ladder logic
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd. are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.