** DT Teaching position
** Maternity cover
** January 2018 start
** School located in Islington, North London.
A very good secondary school in Islington, North London are looking for an exceptional DT and Teacher to cover a maternity leave from January 2018. They require a teacher who can confidently deliver Resistant Materials and Product Design across key stage 3-5. You will be part of a diverse and forward-thinking department, teaching students 11-16 years.
The ideal candidate will have:
• a recognised teaching qualification
• A recent DBS (Registered to the update service)
• a confident and friendly approach
• A strong background in DT.
• Experience in teaching in a wide variety of classroom settings.
The successful applicant for this post will be expected to:
• Teach DT across key stage 3-5.
• Secure outstanding attainment and progress at all key stages.
• Provide extra-curricular support for pupils to ensure outstanding achievement and progress for exam groups and promote enjoyment and participation in the subject for non-exam groups.
• Show flexibility, innovation and intelligence in responding to the needs of the pupils and school as a whole.
Active Recruitment LTD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously the Criminal Records Bureau) and at least two independent references. We are an Equal Opportunities employer.