Fixed-Term until 31st October 2019
As a Driver working for Kuehne + Nagel (Military & Government) you have an opportunity to deliver excellent service to our customers through hard work and dedication that is vital to providing industry leading service levels. We thrive on the challenge of delivering exactly what our customers want, when they want it. Our business is built on the foundation of industry leading service levels, consistency and a drive for continuous improvement. With this, we have a great team, that supports each other, and have a key focus on development and supporting career aspirations.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Complying with all relevant legislation and agreed procedures to ensure a safe and legal working environment and consistent quality standards. Maintain and promote a positive image of Kuehne+Nagel Military and Government
- Any five from seven core working, flexibility needed as working overtime and/or nights out may be required
- Safe and high driver standards and positive driver behaviours
- Follow all delivery, collection and returns procedures
- Maintain and manage company equipment, be responsible for the security of the vehicle & load at all times. Report vehicle defects and ensure that the defect is documented
- Comply with Driver's regulations & Working Time Directive in line with the O license legalisation and Company procedures
- In addition to these duties, you may be required to undertake other duties in line with the needs of the business, where appropriate training provided
- Ensure all documentation and housekeeping tasks are completed as per company procedure
Your skills and experience:
- Must hold a current class C+E licence and a valid driver qualification card.
- ADR Class 1-9 - Less 7
- Basic numeracy and conversational English language
- Preferred 2 years driving experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focused with a desire to succeed
- Experience of working within a team
- Experience of Health & Safety
Please be aware that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to participate in the employment screening process. This process will include criminal record checking and identity validation. This means that KN will ask successful applicants to provide certain information and documentation to enable these checks to be conducted.Any appointment will then be strictly conditional upon, and subject to, the receipt of satisfactory results of these checks
What you'll get:
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary with 23 days holiday. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
Any questions? Contact us directly at:
Why not find out more about Kuehne + Nagel, visit us at www.kuehne-nagel.com
With over 79,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the sea freight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'