The purpose of this role is firstly to ensure the successful release of software into production and secondly to develop a strategy for improvements to the continuous delivery process including the adoption of best practice processes and tools. Reporting into the Head of Software Engineering the role holder is an important part of the leadership team of the Engineering department.
Plusnet has been making steady progress in maturing its approach to system release management but recognises a significant opportunity to make this process more effective, efficient and to reduce the number of defects that impact the performance and availability of Plusnet’s systems.
This role has operational accountability for organising, directing and managing activities for System Releases and for their promotion to the production environment. Ensuring the optimal approach for delivering maximum business value, across multiple projects in any given release and ensuring that releases are delivered into production without defects.
The Strategic Release Manager will line manage a small number of planning and technical resource tasked with creating and communicating system releases and building out the strategic platform.Essential
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Line management experience
- Experience with the software release process
- Experience with JIRA or similar
- Working knowledge of Jenkins or similar
- Comfortable with Version Control Systems
- Experience with the LAMP stack and/or Java
- Knowledge of GIT, Maven, Gradle, Grunt, Nexus
- Agile development processes
- Object oriented design and development
- Relational database concepts
- Test Automation using Selenium or similar
- Hands on experience with continuous integration tools
- Experience of multi-tiered, multi-instance, transactional system architectures
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job