Here at our Head Office in Birmingham's creative quarter of Digbeth, we run one of the UK's busiest travel websites. Our mission is simple and significant in scope - to move as many people, as possible, around the UK. As a consequence, we are constantly innovating and suggesting new ways of making our products faster, more reliable and more attractive to our customers.
Working alongside some of the UK's biggest names in transport (The Trainline, EasyJet and Ryanair) and biggest names in entertainment (Glastonbury Festival, Wembley Stadium and Twickenham) we get our customers to where they need to be, on time and at a competitive price.
As you would expect, we love data and insights, and we are on the cutting edge when it comes to delivery, using Agile practices including Kanban. We provide mobile and desktop products for our customers, supporting each stage of the customer life cycle. And we reach across the globe! We are part of a global transport group, operating in North America, wider-Europe and the Middle East.
We offer great variety too, and expect plenty of flexibility from, our people.
So if you are looking for a place where you'll be challenged, be allowed to be creative, and where you can make a difference, please apply.
We are looking for a Product Owner who will be a clear thinker with vision, passion, energy, attention to detail, and drive to manage and improve our products. You will combine deep customer understanding, with the ability to make commercially sound decisions.
The successful candidate will be collaborative and agile, clear in communication and honest, a team player capable of working across both stakeholders within the business and with our technical delivery teams. This is a new role at National Express, and as such you will be an integral part of our business, working closely not only with the Digital team but also with key stakeholders to make our digital products the best they can be. The role initially is a 1 year contract, with an opportunity to be made permanent.
- Support the development and delivery of the overall product strategy and roadmap
- Articulate product requirements to the technical project team, and work alongside stakeholders to understand priorities and requirements from the wider business
- Be the voice of the customer during product development
- Product owner/authority during the development and delivery of new product features and projects - comfortable and confident making fast paced decisions that are aligned with commercial and customer requirements
- Set and own various metrics related to your area and monitor the impact of new releases
- Integrate user research and data analysis into new product requirements,
- Communicate the product vision, concepts and ideas to the development team, providing context and the 'why' to upcoming features.
- Attending the relevant ceremonies and ensuring availability for the product team day-to- day
- to answer questions, address any blockers and provision of product guidance
- Contribute to the broader product culture at National Express: promoting an agile mind-set
- and a lean approach
- Minimum 1 years' experience working in product development in a similar fast paced and growing business
- Combination of Product, UX and CX skills
- Experience within e-commerce or a transport businesses
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to explain and educate customers (internal and external) on product changes
- Detailed and broad experience in managing multiple senior stakeholders
- Support the development team, adhering to Kanban principles
- Experience in release planning and management
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change
- Passionate about solving problems for our customers
- Experience in commissioning and generating customer insights, utilising a wide range of methodologies