Digital Content Executive is needed here at Salmon to memorably tell our story to both a wider and more targeted audience, at an exciting chapter in our development
This highly attractive opportunity is based in Watford (close to Watford Junction) and offers a great opportunity to exploit and expand your digital and creative repertoire, and truly make a difference.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and producing the content for our digital (and offline) marketing programmes across UK and, increasingly, international markets. As well as working with the Head of Content, the role will involve supporting a variety of stakeholders within Salmon and its associated companies. (So you’ll need to be great at project and time management, with excellent communication skills!)
This is a great opportunity to join an accomplished marketing team that has already delivered a raft of enviable, comprehensive content. This new role will help take this to the next level in terms of volume, breadth and effectiveness of content.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Managing the end-to-end process of content, taking a brief from anyone in our business then developing and producing content to support it, helping to amplify it (with support from the team) and reviewing effectiveness (eg. engagement)
- Supporting the Marketing team’s campaigns with copy-led communications across a variety of channels (online, offline) and media including web pages, emails, social media, video, audio
- Working solus and/or with agencies to create powerful PowerPoint presentations (incl. credentials, corporate and internal presentations, sales decks etc.)
- Working with external copywriters to deliver best-in-class thought leadership
- Reinforcing brand value and proposition through compliant, consistent content
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and find new ways of doing things. A team player who is proud of your work and wants to share it with everyone! You like working in a fast-paced environment and are driven by the desire to improve the online shopping experiences for everyone, no matter what they are buying!
You will be client focused and willing to be flexible when required to make them happy, including working at client locations.
The bits we need you to be really good at….
- At least 3 years digital marketing experience focused on content development, creation and production - you’ll hit the ground running!
- A real flair for writing copy that is attractive, persuasive and encourages action
- The skill and flexibility to create content that supports all parts of the customer journey (and sales funnel), comfortable working across channels to drive prospect engagement, lead generation and conversion.
- An ability to curate content from various sources - we’re lucky to have many great writers within Salmon willing to support our efforts.
- A good eye for design, mixing copy, imagery (incl video) and sound
- Good working knowledge of SEO and using Content Management Systems to create and edit web pages.
- Social media savvy, with an ability to write social sound-bytes (typically for Twitter and LinkedIn)
- A good eye for detail with strong proofing and editing skills
- Strong capability in briefing and managing agencies
- A creative, ambitious individual who is a self-starter, highly professional and at ease in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
- An ability to work at pace as part of a team, unsupervised
- A bright, positive personality, happy to connect with other parts of the business as it develops
If you know some of this, even better!
- Experience of creating content that supports thought leadership (eg. white papers, reports, research articles)
- A good understanding of technologies and processes that support the content process including collaborative tools and Marketing Automation platforms
- A willingness to work with analytical tools and metrics to assess and improve content effectiveness
- Experience of PPC
- Understanding of B2B environments and/or marketing
- Cultural appreciation from working in an international organisation
- An interest in key trends that are making a difference - this could be technology, consumer behaviour, industry best practice etc.
- Bachelor Degree or higher
Salmon is an award-winning global digital eCommerce consultancy with operations in London, Amsterdam, Beijing, Melbourne and New Delhi. We’re part of the global WPP group and Wunderman Commerce.
Our aim is to define, design and deliver dynamic, high performance, state-of-the-art eCommerce sites for the world’s leading brands. We work for some of the best… Audi UK, Habitat, Sainsbury’s, Selfridges, Ted Baker and many more.
Our Salmon DNA is what pulls us all together. We want to make our clients happy. Our reputation is based on having the best people in the business, who are straight talking and really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about the innovative approach we take in everything we do, and proud of what our teams achieve. We show respect for all, and trust and empower our people - and we won’t settle for second best!
As our business grows, we need to find new people who share our values, work ethic and DNA. We especially want to encourage more women to join us and take a key role in shaping and moulding some of the best eCommerce sites in the world.
Want to find out more about Salmon and our clients?
If you are interested in this role then please contact recruitment @salmon.com
- Digital Marketing
- Web Content