Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management. We hire individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. With a mission to make the most of our clients' energy, we can help solve the global energy dilemma by helping companies and individuals make more efficient use of the energy they already use. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency, making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green.
Eurotherm by Schneider Electric is a global manufacturer of instrumentation, systems and services designed for the efficient operation of industrial processes. The company’s 50 year international reputation as a provider of innovative solutions across a broad spectrum of vertical markets is complemented by a range of engineering support services, designed to improve the performance and effectiveness of customers’ plant-wide assets.
Responsible for the validation of web applications in a continuous integration environment using automated testing techniques wherever possible.
· Responsible for the validation of products which have a web interface. Working with the development team in a continuous integration environment, develop a test strategy that uses as much automation as is possible. You are expected to engage in continuous automated and manual testing activities throughout Agile development iterations aiming for zero defects.
Participate in Agile iteration planning and provide input on required testing tasks, process, and user stories.
Champion and represent the customer through the entire design, implementation and test cycle. Look for and expect improvements in software quality from the design teams. Request and argue for product changes to be made or defects fixed in order to improve quality and reliability.
Responsible for defining overall test strategy, communicating vision, implement and manage validation activities in a safe manner using safe work practices and achieving project milestones.
Work with R&D, Project and Product Managers to schedule product test phases, request resources, report progress & issues, overcome problems and obstacles before they become blocking issues etc. Contribute to the reviewing of project documents – Functional Specifications, Design documents etc. Review other people’s work and provide good constructive comments.
Plan and write software test plans and specifications. Read technical documents and liaise with Software Validation Manager and software engineers to learn about the products, predict areas likely to fail, plan and design tests, apply risk assessment, agree test deliverables, plan test schedule. Arrange and chair various software test reviews.
Implement test specifications and Record and examine test results. Review software issues with engineers and Report product/software defects describing the nature of the fault and providing clear instructions how to reproduce it. Submit test results to the Software Validation Manager or Software Engineers for review and approval
Provide regular reports to Software Validation Manager regarding status of testing and/or test related activities. Attend project meetings and product release meetings, reporting status and issues. Expected to speak openly on issues affecting quality/reliability and request/justify further testing or rework when necessary.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of many, if not all, of the following:
· 3- 5 years related work experience including writing test cases, test plans and code coverage
· Experience automating functional UI, RESTful web services
· Strong background C#
· Experience using tools such as NUnit, SpecFlow, Selenium, WebDriver, etc
· Experience with AngularJS and the Jasmine BDD test environment would be a plus
· Experience with GitHub, Jira, Confluence and Jenkins is a plus
· Automated software testing
· Continuous Integration
· Software testing and testing methodologies (Agile)
· Experience in using Test management tools.
· Planning and defining test strategy
· Functional product testing.
· Regression testing
· Test specification / report writing
· Formal technical qualifications of HNC/HTEC minimum, ideally to graduate level in Computer Science or Software related discipline are required.
· Full clean driving licence
· Fluent spoken and written English
· The role may require UK & International travel
Schneider Electric offers you a competitive salary including a benefits package and the advantages of a professional environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
Please apply on line.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job