Desktop Engineer - Grange Essex - £14 per hr 3 month contract
I am looking for an immediate start Desktop engineer for a 3-month contract based in Grange Essex. My client is one of the most recognised (MSP) Providers in the UK with offices in Belfast, Essex, Manchester Dublin and Cork. They have been placed in the Sunday Times for the last 4 years as one of the best companies to work for.
Overview of the role:
Provide users a local service through second line support in order to solve business related network, computer and telephony problems.
Work within IT Department carrying out support, Incident/Problem/Change handling and also undertaking any tasks given.
Support and as necessary provide cover for other members of staff within the Department, according to level of experience and expertise to assist in maintaining a full and effective service throughout the organisation.
Full clean driving licence
• Prepared to travel to other customer sites within London if required
• Good knowledge of Windows XP\Vista\Windows 7 and desktop operating system
• Good understanding of basic network installations and how to troubleshoot issues
• Good customer service experience
• Good understanding of installing/troubleshooting ADSL/SDSL connections
• Good knowledge of hardware
• Familiarity with ITIL terminology
• Be flexible in work times and location
• Customer focus
• Articulate and a clear communicator
• Good at report writing
• Attention to detail
• Enthusiastic and committed
• Good team player
• Good at multitasking
• Write and test simple user procedures to support users in operating the new software
• Write and test departmental procedures in line with ITIL standards, and publish these to the knowledge base
• Uphold and adhere to policies and procedures
Internal training on products and services will be provided. However, the successful candidate will also be expected to consistently keep abreast of new developments, which would impact on his/her areas of responsibility. Personal training in relation to job description will be given as part of the company’s overall personnel development program
The nominal working week is 37.5 hours
- Windows Vista
- Windows Xp