Design Build Co-ordinator – Bromley – Up to £55,000 DOE
- Are you a creative & analytical problem solver?
- Do you have at least 5 years post graduate experience?
- Are you a team player?
If so, this could be your dream job!
Our client started as a family run business and very quickly turned into a profitable organisation but have still kept their family culture. They provide projects for both the public and private sector and have an extensive knowledge of managing housing developments nationwide. They work very closely with their clients, which include areas within the London Boroughs. The company itself is a fast-paced environment with a fun bubbly team that work together to get the job done!
Their philosophy is:
- To work with partners who are carefully selected for each project and seek quality in every part of a project
- The key to success is developing strong and long lasting working relationships
- To oversee each project through planning, construction and full delivery services
You will be responsible for the technical compliance of projects and achieve the objectives of the projects.
Specific responsibilities you will undertake:
- You will carry out duties in accordance with the internal proceedings
- You will assist in the preparation of a project and its specification and proposals by the contractor
- You’ll be setting the design programme and the schedule of information releasing and managing the design team
- You shall gather fee proposals and draft scope
- You will manage the process of attaining client signoff for designs, specifications and samples. You will also attend monthly client meetings and prepare the content for monthly client reports
- You shall prepare a cost efficient direction for the consulting team and inspect designs to reduce or eliminate waste and accomplish eco-friendly design solutions in order to meet the clients brief. Furthermore, you will work alongside the Commercial team to alert of any cost issues.
- You will instruct the consultant team and ensure a construction aware direction. You will also work alongside the Operations team to alert of any building issues
- You shall review the consultant and contractor design outputs and co-ordinate all aspects of the design process in order to rectify and manage the designs
- You will manage the risk register and ensure safety or report any issues
- You’ll establish critical timeframes, review planning and maintain the discharge process
- You will distinguish the client handover requirements and gather all the required documents and statutory approvals in time for the handover
- You’ll communicate with the Principal Designer during the design process
To succeed in this role you will have a minimum of 5 years experience PQE and experience on at least one residential apartment project between 4-10 storeys high and 20-50 units.
You will also have a very good understanding of technical detailing and compliance requirements. You will have good communication skills and will be able to deal with clients and representatives comfortably as well as being responsible for your own actions. As a design build co-ordinator, you are also able to analyse problems and identify suitable solutions and are able to work well in a team and help your co-workers out.
What’s in it for you?
You will have the opportunity to be a part of a fast paced, rapidly expanding company and an authentic collaborative work culture. You will also get a company pensions and bonus structure, plus a salary of up to £55,000!
How to Apply
Call Aitch Henry-Doswell:
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job