Our Client is one of the world's foremost outsize cargo airlines. They are looking for a Operations controller to join their busy team based at Stansted airport.
The Deputy Ground Operations Manager shall, as part of the Ground Operations Team, ensure the day-to-day running of the Ground Operations Department, providing support and direction across all reportable departments, according to the standards and requirements of the company; shall ensure that training and qualification requirements are provided and maintained within the Ground Operations setup; shall ensure ground operations service providers follow the requirements and procedures stated in the company manuals in order to ensure a safe, on-time departure; shall act as an interdepartmental link between all reportable departments in order to fulfil corporate and customer expectations linked to aircraft Ground Operations; shall be responsible for the proper and timely performance of duties assigned.
- Oversight and control of daily Ground Operations requirements
- Implementation, control and oversight of Scheduled Service Monitoring processes - CPM, UCM, Station Reports
- ULD management and coordination processes - Charter equipment, special loads, movement requests
- Load enquiries, including special loads planning, loadability studies, special projects and Dangerous Goods
- Instigation and undertaking of investigations relating to aircraft damage reports, service failures, documentation errors, Weight and Balance and crew reports
- Management-level liaison with service providers, reportable departments and customers, including meetings and conference calls
- Preparation, distribution and monitoring of Ground Operations Notices
- Management and oversight of Ground Handling Agent information relating to the Ground Operations Briefing document
- Updating and administration of operational manuals
- Updating and administration of the Centrik system with relevant Ground Operations information and documentation
- Administration and development of the company Weight and Balance program, both manual and computerised
- Oversight and provision of Ground Operations training program, including Training Policy, Station Training (Operations and Ground Services), Weight & Balance Training, and Aircrew OCC Training (initial and recurrent), to the requirements of the OM-F and GSM
- Auditing of Weight and Balance Documentation
- Investigation and assessment of suppliers/service providers for charter and scheduled operations
- Undertake station visits and perform assessments and audits of service providers
- Oversight and administration of GHA suitability and service provision to ensure sustainable operations
- Coverage of company flight operations as Ground Operations representative, and/or Loadmaster, including scheduled services and charter operations
- Undertake aircraft pre- and post-maintenance inspections
- Provide appropriate guidance to other departments and less experienced colleagues
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of company operations, manufacturer and operator documentation, regulating authority requirements, relevant systems and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Certified, experienced Loadmaster with minimum 5 years on B747F
- Background of higher education
- Experience of IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Experience of worldwide ground operations and remote location operations
- Experience in a training and managerial/supervisory role
- Team player
- Computer literate
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Must be prepared to travel to foreign locations, at short notice, for extended periods of time, as is reasonably required by the company
- Must hold a full UK Driving License
-Salary: Competitive plus benefits
-Job type: Permanent, full-time
- Location: Stansted Airport
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to:
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job