Deputy Care Manager : Pay dependent upon experience / qualification , Minimum £11 per hour - plus enhancements for unsocial hours.
We are currently looking to expand our care team to include a Deputy Manager to work between 25 and 35 hours per week. Perfect opportunity to develop your care career and join a forward thinking team at a senior level.
Potential for formal Registered Manager role on a job share basis for a suitably motivated individual.
Training and support provided through induction period and in support of ongoing personal development.
Support of Care Managers in delivering truly personalised care for our residents:-
1 Overall staff management and development
2 Prospective resident/day care assessments and introductions to the home
3 CQC Compliance - review of performance and evidence
4 Provide cover for emergencies
"In charge" role includes:-
Tasks of an Experienced carer plus the additional responsibilities below
1 Management of staff on shift
2 Updating individual care plans - named carer role.
3 Liaising with medical professionals
4 liaising with resident’s families
Hands- on Role
1 Assisting residents with personal care eg washing, dressing and helping out of bed
2 Assisting residents with toileting
3 Administering medication
4 Observing residents for any change in health condition and liaising with doctors to follow up any change in medication
5 Stimulating residents through supporting and leading recreational activities.
Understanding of CQC requirements
Experienced in staff management
Knowledge and experience of health related illnesses in older people
Confidence in dealing with fellow professionals and families
You'll need to be:
- Passionate about caring for older people
- A good team player with a "can-do" attitude
- The ability to relate to people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Skills in communicating with tact and sensitivity
- Reliable, conscientious and a good timekeeper
- To be a car driver and willing to escort residents on hospital visits
What we offer:
- Excellent rates of pay including unsociable supplement for nights and weekends
- Various shifts - wherever possible we try to be flexible to fit your personal circumstances.
- Pension - auto-enrolment pension scheme.
- High staffing levels.
- Support of personal health & wellbeing.
- Approachable management.
- Study and career development support.
- Ample car parking.
- Support to find accommodation.
Other terms and conditions:-
Notice period - after initial 3 months, 10 weeks notice for this position.
Minimum NVQ Level 3 in care preferred.
- Care Plans
- Health Care
- Social Care
- Team Leader