Start Date- ASAP
Duration- Initially 6 months- 1 year
Pay- £16.60 P/H
Hours- 35 hours
Deliver the service as directed by the Debtors and Enforcement Team Leader with regard to the efficient and effective collection, and recovery of income in accordance with legislative requirements and the division’s service objectives.
• Provide guidance, advice and support to service users in relation to queries concerning collection of overpaid housing benefit and sundry debts.
• Advise customers of the recovery action to be taken if debts are not paid. Ensure all action is taken to maximise collection via enforcement legislation and external agencies and to negotiate payment plans for outstanding arrears.
• Take steps to trace debtors using all available methods.
• Select and submit irrecoverable debt for write-off in line with delegated powers, audit requirements and internal procedures, including VAT Journals.
• Prepare, submit and monitor missing payment requests, ensuring timely responses in accordance with agreed procedures.
• Reconcile accounts and prepare detailed statements.
• Prepare Case Studies for the debtors panel consideration.
• Deal with debts in accordance with agreed timescales and those dictated by legislation.
• Prepare and deal with cases for proceedings in the County Court and Magistrates Court.
• Deal with cases of Insolvency and prepare and present proceedings for Insolvency. Ensure information is passed to the Receiver as required.
• Pursue debts up to and including legal action and deal with queries arising from legal action.
• Assist the (Enforcement and Debtors Team Leader) with the review of the debt collection agent and bailiff contracts and or SLAs.
• Liaise with and instruct bailiffs and debt collection agents on the appropriate
• course of action to ensure effective debt collection. Manage and monitor their performance and report any deficiencies to the Team Leader.
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of all-relevant legislation, procedures and technology for each debt type covered. Maintain accurate updated IT records on Oracle and related systems.
If you meet the above spec please apply within.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job