Do you have experience administrating a SQL server Database?
Want to work for a hugely successful company in Greater Manchester during a period of growth?
Would you like a career where hard work is both recognised and rewarded? Using the latest technologies, developing yourself technically with career progression not just available but encouraged too?... then this is the opportunity for you!
The database administrator (DBA) team will keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
Key Responsibilities will include the following:
- Work within a team of DBA's building database systems of high availability and quality
- Responsible for database administration and maintenance as required
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models and replications
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Investigation and troubleshooting - SQL server related issues
- Assist with the development and maintenance of SQL standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Ensure DBA deadlines are met, manage and maintain all environments (Live, Test, Development)
Key Technologies, Skills and Experience needed:
- Proven experience as a Database administrator
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Knowledge of database design, administration and development
- Problem solving skills and ability to think analytically
- Knowledge of Testing and QA processes is of benefit
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a SQL DBA to join a highly successful organisation based in Greater Manchester. If you are interested please apply with urgency directly / contact Leah Shannon on Linkedin.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job