Are you an experienced Database Administrator (DBA) with solid knowledge of MySQL Databases, looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced company that both recognises and rewards the skills you bring??
If so, Reassured want to hear from you but first let me tell you a little about who we are…
At Reassured, we pride ourselves on being the UK’s largest life insurance broker protecting more than 300,000 families with ambitions to protect another 200,000 families in 2018 alone.
We’ve been recognised in the Times 100 best companies to work for list in 2015, 2016, 2017 and just won another award coming in 8th out of 9000 for 2018.
So we not only work hard to protect families, we also work extremely hard to make Reassured the best work environment for our staff and reward you accordingly because without you none of this is possible.
This is a permanent, full time role, however as this is a brand new position to Reassured, we would consider contractors whose skills would bring significant knowledge and value to our growing IT department.
As our Database Administrator…
You will be responsible for all of the company maintained databases across our entire estate from the Dev/Test environments, the internal CRM, to those connected to public facing websites.
As our sole DBA you will be responsible for database administration, managing incidents and service requests, liaising with internal and external teams to get issues resolved and also to collate and contribute to database capacity planning.
You will work closely with the In house development team and IT Infrastructure Managers to ensure each database is secure, performant, maintained and up to date, with maximum uptime and the appropriate back-up and disaster recovery solutions in place.
Essential Skills and Knowledge You Need
- SQL: 3 years+
- MySQL Administration (MySQL or Percona): 3 years+
- Optimising SQL: 3 years
- Managing and testing database backup and restore procedures
- Monitoring system performance with a view to capacity planning
- Writing and maintaining high quality documentation
- MySQL database replication
- Knowledge and understanding of storage engines
- Writing optimised SQL code
- Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Working in an AGILE environment
- Replication configuration using Percona XtraBackup
- De-facto standards and best practices in MySQL/Percona, particularly security
- Knowledge of MySQL and Percona-specific features and functions
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AVAILABLE
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job