Data Systems Analyst - Global Risk Analytics
Do you want to work for a truly global bank with universal coverage in banking products and services? Do you want a central role at the heart of risk analytics, analysing and interpreting data for senior managers across the bank? Do you have the advanced technical and analyical skillset necessary to take on such a strategic data-driven role? If so, then this is the role for you...
* Competitive salary
* Prestigious employer with a globally-respected brand
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Opportunity to occupy central strategic role in Global Risk Analytics
* Generous company pension scheme
You will be a highly-effective and valuable member of a growing function that performs quantitative and qualitative analytics across a broad range of information/data sets of varying reliability, in order to identify risk intelligence and inform risk decision-making. The role demands the independent interpretation of varied data sources for the purpose of search and extraction, in addition to the cleansing, structuring and analysis of data sets generated. You will be supporting the development and maintenance of models and methodologies for risk management. Appropriately calibrated and applied risk models helps ensure that risk is more accurately quantified and allocated. This in turn leads to more appropriate risk-return analysis for the business. The core objectives of the role are:
* Development of an efficient, sustainable process to provide data required for risk model development and on-going validation
* Development of centralized processes to improve operational efficiency and reduce the risk of data duplication or inconsistent processing by analysts.
* Working with project leaders in the review and improvement of the existing suite of models and methodologies.
* Participating in projects aimed at aligning methodologies, governance and policies around the bank
* Occupying a central role in the re-development and monitoring of risk models
* Supporting the development of a risk and control framework, contributing to the definition and maintenance of appropriate governance, policies, methods, standards and processes around the development of models.
* Supporting interactions and dealings with internal control functions and external regulatory bodies in relation to risk models
* Ensuring globally consistent processes
* Enhancing data processes to allow more efficient model validation and development
* Lead the identification of data sources and obtaining appropriate access
* Performing data extraction, aggregation, analysis, and quality checking from multiple data sources using platforms such as SQL, SAS, Hive, Python, etc.
* Performing ad hoc ETL processes using different tools such as Pentaho, SAS DI etc;
* Applying statistical analysis techniques (significance, variance, correlations, decision trees/regression etc.) within analytic programming languages (e.g. Base SAS, Hive, Beeline etc.), hadoop interface tools and visualization tools;
* Applying context to produce meaningful and actionable intelligence outputs;
* Ongoing development of these techniques and models to improve overall performance.
* Lead analysis on individual projects and drive their implementation, sourcing qualitative inputs from peers
* Engaging with statistician teams during the formulation, implementation, testing and validation of predictive models
* Contributing to the development of business cases and data strategies
* Contributing to analyses that assist management decision in relation to leveraging technical and analytical skills
* Formal documentation of data sources and any processing for sign off
* University degree in computer science, financial crime or related fields
* Proven and progressive experience in financial services data analysis and/or application development
* 4/5 years' experience in the financial services industry
* Excellent communicator with strong inter-personal and influencing skills
* Lateral thinker with an ability to interpret and solve complex issues
* Experience of dealing with regulatory matters and confident interaction with Regulators
* Ability to develop practical, cost effective solutions to complex global issues
* Experience across a range of analytical tools (Hadoop, Beeline, Hive, Excel (VBA, Pivot Tables), Tableau, Pentaho, Python, Qlikview, etc)
* Problem-solving and Analytical skills
* Strong ability to quickly grasp and understand business unit specific risks, develop comprehensive user requirements, and provide recommendations for appropriate automated solutions to mitigate those risks
Click APPLY now, submitting an up to date CV. Alternatively contact Matt McLaren on for more information.
We are seeking to arrange interviews ASAP, so please don't delay!Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
- data analytics
- risk analytics
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'