Data Scientist Degree Apprenticeship Level 6
Your new role
Data Science Apprentice
What you'll be leading on
- Work with Highways England, customers and stakeholders to understand where data science can add value
- Support the delivery of data science projects across Highways England
- Responsible for exploring and visualising the data to present the 'story' a meaningful way, and to a range of technical and non-technical audiences
- Support the development of the data science strategy for the organisation
- Help evolve the data science tools and techniques used across the organisation.
To be successful
- You require Maths and English GCSE at grade 4 (C) or above (or equivalent) and
- A-levels including maths/a technical subject at grades CCC or an equivalent level 3 qualification.
- Displays intellectual curiosity and proactively explores areas of innovation. Can identify the business value for innovation within their team.
- Develops their data science knowledge through self-directed learning and shares their learning within their team, where appropriate.
- Applied maths, statistics, and scientific practices (Working) - Has broad knowledge of how and when to practically apply existing best practice solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with experience of Communicating analysis and insight cognisant of the audience, with the ability to give tactical recommendations
- Develops, codes, tests, corrects and documents simple programmes or scripts under the direction of others as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
A bit about us
The Information and Technology Directorate is a growing and vibrant team and there has never been a better time to join us as we go through our transformation programme. We are helping to transform the way Highways England operates by delivering digital, data and technology services from frontline to back office, in a modern and efficient way. Our vision is to develop integrated information and technology that empowers our colleagues and provides real time information to our customers, integration with intelligent vehicle and transport systems as they develop, to improve journey safety and reliability.
Why you should join us
At Highways England, safety is our number one priority. It is one of our core values, as well as a behaviour we expect from our people.
Our vision is that everyone who uses our roads, as well as those who work for us, get home, safe and well. Our sets out our commitments and how our employees can contribute.
Working for us, you'll recognise the behaviours required to achieve our vision, and help create a fair and just culture for us all. You should be able to fully understand the hazards and risks that are involved in your work, and follow our procedures safely.
We want you to feel able to raise health, safety and wellbeing concerns with your colleagues, and to challenge unsafe conditions or behaviours wherever you see them. We're always seeking to improve our performance, and want you to be at the heart of that - helping us all get home safe and well.
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'