Purpose of the role:
To support our client through the provision of advice on data protection policy and practice.
Supporting key internal staff and meeting external stakeholders, the role will provide appropriate advice on a range of data protection and information management issues.
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for cooperating with and acting as the contact point with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
- Providing advice on data protection impact assessments and monitoring their performance
- Chair Data Protection & Privacy Committee.
- Informing and advising staff who process personal data of their obligations under data protection legislation.
- Providing Data Protection advice and guidance to tender and contract agreement processes.
- Monitoring compliance with data protection legislation and own data protection policies, including assignment of responsibilities, awareness raising and training, audits of processing activities and making recommendations for improvement.
- Liaise with Chief Information Security Officer and Executive Board in matters relating to data breaches (including preparedness, prevention, impact mitigation and integral management of breaches)
- Devise and update policies and procedures for customers, employees and data breach incident responses, ensuring alignment with the actual implementation of personal data processing activities
- Work with procurement, vendor management and the legal department to ensure that third-party suppliers' contracts and operating-level agreements fulfil defined privacy requirements.
- Communicate with regulatory authorities and the public concerning privacy issues (for example, answering data subject’s questions and requests).
- Lead response to privacy-related emergencies.
Compliance monitoring duties:
- Conduct monitoring activities on collaborating partners, third-party service providers' and other data processors' levels of privacy compliance.
- Continuously monitor the status and effectiveness of privacy controls across our client's service offerings, ensuring that privacy-related key risk indicators are effectively monitored to prevent an unacceptable impact on business objectives and reputation.
Personal Data Inventory and Usage:
- Support the creation of an inventory that documents how and why ou client collects, shares and uses personal data
- Continuously update and re-evaluate the extent to which customer and employee information is collected and shared internally and externally.
- Maintain registry of all personal data stores and processing activities.
- Work to integrate information management and privacy controls within specific HR, business and IT processes
- Work with Chief Information Security Officer to ensure that data security practices — in particular, logging, monitoring and auditing practices — do not conflict with privacy requirements.
- Customer Focus
- Team Work
- Analytical Thinking
- Analysis & Decision-Making
- Quality Orientated
- Drive for Results
- Service Excellence
- Orientation to Learn
- Planning and Organising
- Problem Solving
- High Standards and Controls
- Technical Skills and Knowledge
- The ideal candidate will have one or more of the following certifications: Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/E), Certified Information Privacy Management (CIPM), and/or Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT)
- Detailed knowledge of the UK Data Protection Act 2018, EU e-Privacy Directive and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as well as EU model contracts and/or Binding Corporate Rules for international data transfers and other applicable legislation.
- Experience implementing privacy policies in a business that engages in business-to-business (B2B), business-to-consumer (B2C) and business to business to consumer (B2B2C) transactions including international data flows and engagement.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'