Our client is an entrepreneurial and fast paced Financial Services business who are currently recruiting for Data Protection Officer. The role is responsible for ensuring that the business is compliant with all incoming data protection regulations.
- Inform and advise the business and all colleagues of their obligations under the GDPR
- Monitor compliance with GDPR
- Provide leadership in the development and maintenance of the strategic data protection and privacy risk frameworks.
- Provide advice relating to privacy impact assessments and monitoring their performance
- Develop and mould a Privacy Risk team, creating a clear vision and building strong relationships for future collaboration
- Act as the DPO for all the business’s data controllers
- Fulfil the requirements prescribed in Article 39 of the GDPR to keep the business and their customers safe.
- Overall responsibility for development and implementation of a data protection and privacy risk framework, processes, and training to ensure the control environment pertaining to data protection and privacy risk is suitability robust and fit for purpose.
- Develop and implement a robust data protection and privacy risk framework to facilitate compliance with all current and future relevant data protection & privacy legislation and regulations.
- Establish and maintain the business’ data protection and privacy risk framework.
- Ensuring thorough breach investigations are carried out and incidents are managed and reported to management, the ICO and data subjects as appropriate.
- Lead Risk oversight of business change via SRA process
- Significant experience as a DPO or a similar compliance role gained within a retail bank (ideally).
- Familiar with national and European data protection laws and practices, including the Data Protection Act 1998, Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and the General Data Protection Regulation
- Strong communication skills
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline
- Stakeholder management expertise