We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Enrichment & Pricing Analyst to join the Schemes and Pricing team here at Endsleigh. Working closely across the Insurer Trading Team and with Endsleigh’s Insurer Partners, you will support the business in developing and maintaining Endsleigh’s data enrichment rating factors, and maximising the underwriting footprint and pricing accuracy of our Insurer panel.Role
The Data Enrichment & Pricing Analyst will play a vital part in the Pricing team, helping Endsleigh to remain competitive in the market. A good understanding of insurance pricing and underwriting practice and an understanding of the financial dynamics of insurer profitability (e.g. risk premium, expenses, commission, return on capital) will be needed. Some key accountabilities will include:
- Analyse and model Endsleigh’s data assets to create and maintain unique data enrichment factors suitable for deployment in the pricing and underwriting of our motor and non-motor products
- Be responsible for certain insurers across insurer panel across multiple product lines and multiple distribution channels
- Target pricing and underwriting decisions to deliver business and underwriting strategy for your panel, optimising sales and income, balanced against delivery of insurer profitability
- Build relationships with your pricing and underwriting counterparts at insurers, and internally with the Commercial Trading, IT and Business Change, Marketing and Finance teams at Endsleigh
The Data Enrichment & Pricing Analyst will have a good understanding of profitability analysis (e.g. loss ratio, burn cost, claims frequency), and ideally recent experience working in the pricing or underwriting of business within the personal lines insurance market. The successful person will be or have:
- Experience and proven ability displaying the appropriate knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of insurer pricing models, underwriting and risk selection an advantage
- The ability to use SQL, SAS, R, or similar software packages for data extraction and statistical modelling
- Advanced ability in Microsoft Excel
- The ability to clean, transform, analyse, interpret and present data sets
- Application of statistical tests and techniques (e.g. GLM, regression, classification and clustering)
- Assessment of statistical model performance
- The ability to identify and deliver creative solutions
- The ability to challenge, delivering robust arguments and proposals
- Comfortable in presenting internally and externally
- Strong delivery ethos; gets the job done and delivers on time
This is a great opportunity to be part of a transforming business and you will be rewarded by a highly social team culture and competitive salary. We will offer you a fantastic benefits package which includes a defined contribution pension scheme where Endsleigh will contribute 4% of your pensionable salary increasing to 8% at 5 years’ service, and rising again to 12% in year 10. In addition we have a Life Assurance scheme and a number of additional benefits through our Flexible Benefits Scheme.
You will start with 22 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 25 days after 2 years’ service.
Our Head Office site also has excellent facilities including various lunch and cafe options, a gym and other sporting facilities.