Dawson Levy Resourcing are very excited to be recruiting for a M&E Technician to join a leading client of ours in the water industry.
About the role:
We are seeking a mechanical technician to ensure that all equipment at our pumping stations is running safely and efficiently using proactive and reactive maintenance methods.
- To inspect, maintain, fault diagnose, test, install, modify or repair electrical & mechanical plant equipment.
- Working on will be various pumps and associated control gear, 3 phase motors, starters and controls, electronic control systems such as VSD's, automatic valves and penstocks, flow, level and pressure measurement, programmable logic controllers, variable speed drives and controls, chemical handling and dosing equipment.
- Provide technical advice, referring to up to date technical knowledge, and provide training or support for technical trainees if required.
- You will investigate plant failures and carry out repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to avoid interruptions to the process. This may involve investigating and diagnosing complex faults and carrying out repairs during incidents.
- Participation in a 24/7 out of hours' standby rota will be required after a suitable period of training and assessment.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- ONC/HNC in engineering, NVQ or C&G level 3 in mechanical engineering with an upskill qualification in mechanical NVQ2/3 is crucial.
- Having previous experience in an electrical apprenticeship, with an 18th Edition qualification would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety issues are crucial.
- Physically fit as you will work in confined spaces with successful completion of the appropriate training.
- A valid driving licence is essential.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'