Criminal Justice Resettlement Worker
£20,000 - 12 months FTC + Fantastic Benefits
Community Led Initiatives CIC provide essential services which support people, helping them to recover from addiction, homelessness, mental ill-health and resettle in the community experiencing profound life changes.
The successful Resettlement Worker will provide up to 4 weeks of support for people being released from prisons and returning to the Central Bedfordshire area.
The service delivered provides support which can include:
- Meeting up in an informal, community setting.
- Attending appointments/activities alongside the person, providing advocacy support as required.
- Building self-esteem and confidence to manage interactions independently.
- Exploring a range of activities to build interests and social connection.
- Help with motivation and organisation throughout the week - Reminder texts/phone calls/WhatsApp messages - some relationship building will be achieved through digital contact as well as face to face.
- To provide resettlement support lasting a maximum of 4 weeks for people being released from prison and returning to the Central Bedfordshire areas.
- Carry out person-centred assessments and ensure these assessments are regularly reviewed.
- Develop co-produced, outcome focused support plans that reflect each individual's personal strengths and goals.
- Support people to access interventions provided by other agencies, including Adult Social Care; Criminal Justice services; Health services; employment and training agencies
- Work flexibility and assertively, placing emphasis on engagement, maintaining contact, and relationship building in community settings.
- To represent CLI at local events and partnership meetings.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working (or voluntary experience) within, criminal justice services, drug & alcohol recovery or treatment services, homelessness / housing services or mental health services is highly desirable.
- High level of relationship skills: Empathy; caring; acceptance; mutual affirmation; supportive and constructive challenge and positive expectation for the future.
- Ability to quickly build rapport; being persistent, determined, and resilient.
- Ability to support people to communicate effectively in a range of settings.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and resilience in challenging situations.
- Experience of maintaining accurate case notes and recording them in within agreed time frames.
- Ability to work flexibly when necessary to meet the needs of the people we support.
- Know when to seek assistance or supervision and how to engage meaningfully in planned supervision.
- The ability to work effectively with partner agencies and develop contacts and networks across a wide range of local services.
- Ability to work across Central Bedfordshire to meet service delivery demands when required.
- Full driving licence, own car and business insurance is essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a pro-active Resettlement Worker to join an organisation that has a profoundly positive affect on people's lives. The impressive benefits package on offer to the successful candidate includes 28 days holiday (plus national bank holidays), life insurance cover (5x annual salary), competitive pension scheme, flexible working arrangements & staff well-being support packages. Apply now!
- Criminal Justice
- Mental health
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'