Potential for part-time hours (4 days)
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company and to shape who they are, how they look, and what they say. They create a huge amount of in-house, across a wide variety of creative platforms that span across packaging, print, digital, Kids TV, events, in-store marketing and press. It's possible your role will also involve illustration and writing copy, depending on your skills and experience. You'll be working across two brands so you'll need to adopt a flexible design style. Occasionally you will also partner with agencies, particularly to input at the creative brainstorm stage.
This is the senior role which sits in the design team, with 4 direct reports.
Our client are looking for a brilliant creative thinker to the team. Someone who's brave, challenging, and who cares passionately and can lead and inspire others. They want someone who really challenges the way that the company thinks, and who also loves to design too - they're a small team and they'll need you to roll your sleeves up and get involved!
You will manage a great team of 4 designers who are passionate, talented and looking to be challenged.
Here are the most important things we're looking for from you:
- solid experience working in-house or agency side with brave, simple and impactful work
- Conceptual thinking - you are ideas focussed and centred around the strength of a concept behind a project, rather than just how it's delivered
- Spark, passion and bravery - you are passionate and the very best at what you do, constantly looking at ways to push boundaries,move the brands forward, and do things differently
- People focussed, with a track record of bringing out the best in others as their manager
- Flexible and open - you are able to take and give feedback constructively, working other views into your thinking whilst still holding a strong view
- The ability to work under time pressure
- Able to be autonomous in working through creative ideas and narrow down to best options
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign literate
A couple of things that are not essential but would be nice to have:
- Copywriting skills
- Illustration skills, as we do quite a bit of illustrated content which we create ourselves
Sound like you?
Waste no time - and whizz over your CV!
- graphic design
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job