Creative Graphic Designer / Artworker / Allrounder
From our beautifully situated office in Waltham Chase we build brands that stand out, demand attention, and make people take action. The company has grown steadily year on year since 2014 and is now looking to add to the team again as we enter year 5. We’re a close-knit bunch, driven to do the absolute very best for our clients through effective, award-winning design. We work with brands of all shapes and sizes delivering anything from the earliest brand identity to creative campaigns, print, packaging, websites and video. We become proactive partners in our clients’ businesses establishing - and safeguarding - their brand to help drive their success.
So, who do we need?
Firstly, we need someone who has a raw passion for all things design; be that branding, web design, motion, packaging, 3D, print or all of these. If you can demonstrate a high level of creative, digital and (or) art-working skills that you can bring to the table then we would like to hear from you. Secondly, and probably more importantly, you need to be happy to work within a small but well established team and get your hands dirty working on multiple tasks, which will be anything from conceptualising ideas, branding, packaging, graphic design and artworking, through to writing blog posts, updating website content and general administration duties on occasion. So, you’ll be a solid all rounder. It’s all hands on deck here. You will naturally be commercially aware, have great working knowledge of all the main Creative Cloud applications and of course outstanding organisation and time management skills.
What will the salary be?
That’s dependent on you really. We’re keeping an open mind for our next hire so you could be a recent graduate designer, a seasoned creative art-worker, a branding god, or mid-weight digital designer - we want to meet you all. We’ll pay you what you are worth and offer the usual benefits such as private health care, pension contributions and generous holiday entitlement along with regular team socials.
Your main responsibilities may include:
- Meeting clients or marketing consultants to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
- interpreting the client’s business needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose;
- estimating the time required to complete the work;
- developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research;
- thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts;
- using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- presenting finalised ideas and concepts to the creative director and clients;
- working with a wide range of media, including photography, web and video;
- proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief;
- demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches;
- working on layouts and art working pages and packaging ready for print and online;
- keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as InDesign , Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Sketch, Acrobat and Dreamweaver;
- developing interactive design skillsets;
- working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, web developers and marketing specialists.
Skills required for this role:
- Organised and proactive
- Great communicator
- Passionate and knowledgable about design and using the software a must
- Comfortable using Mac computers and expert knowledge of the full creative suite
- Team player
- Ability to multitask
- IT skills including Microsoft Office for Mac
- Working knowledge of HTML, Java Script and front-end development advantageous but not essential
- understanding and working knowledge of video and animation editing software advantageous but not essential
- Able to work across multiple design disciplines
- A raw passion for all things design
This will be another key role within the company and it is imperative we find the right candidate. You must be friendly, open minded and be comfortable with creative banter and the occasional outburst of foul language. We’re open to speaking to candidates looking for a part-time or a full-time role and even flexible working hours.
If you are interested in this role please send CVs and portfolios, including a covering letter or email with salary expectations Frost Creative
For more information about the role feel free to call the studio
- Conceptual Design
- Graphic Design
- digital design
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"