Lloyd Recruitment Services is looking for an experienced Corporate Communications & Public Affairs Executive to join a leading organisation based in the East Grinstead area.
The main purpose of the role is to be the organisation of, and secretary to, the AGM, company Council and Committee meetings and all matters surrounding company’s Governance. Centralised management of company business at DG level, excluding that within the delegated authority of the Departmental Directors. Management of corporate representation, monitoring Parliamentary and Government activity and responding to consultations. Oversight of legal matters and the company Archive. Primary point of contact for all matters concerning Divisions, Regions and Centres. Chair of Staff Council.
Other key tasks will include:
- Organising, administering and acting as secretary to the AGM, company Council, the Regional meetings, the Executive, Grants, Nominations and Strategy Committees and any other Committees as might from time to time be deemed necessary.
- Managing the company’s business programme through staff and Directors’ meetings to the Grants, Finance & Management (F&M) and Executive Committees.
- Organising and acting as secretary to internal Directors’ meetings.
- Monitoring all stages of relevant legislation at Government and devolved Government levels, keeping departments informed and making timely representations, e.g, by responding to relevant consultations, on the company’s behalf.
- Acting as the focal point for all Parliamentary liaison.
- Representing the company’s interests on various bodies at a corporate level
- Acting as the main point of contact for Division, Region and Centre matters and co-ordinating other staff involvement as necessary.
- Owning and issuing amendments to General Letters to Centres.
- Co-ordinating the staff requirement for legal advice (except for land and property issues), in liaison with the Purchasing Manager, requiring consultation with the company’s professional legal advisors. Specific legal responsibilities include Parliamentary and consultative issues, Centre related matters such as; rallying
- Chairing Staff Council, requiring compliance with its Constitution and the requirements therein.
- Completing special studies and tasks as directed by the DG
- Complying with all company policies, for example, Data Security and Health & Safety.
- Providing additional support to the Directorate function as required.
Key Skills and experience required for the role:
- Significant and proven track record of successful communication and engagement with senior stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills, including tact and diplomacy, for dealing with members, company officers and senior industry figures.
- Ability to be confidential and discreet
- Able to cope with flexible hours to attend meetings and events at weekends and evenings throughout the UK.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Comprehensive political knowledge and understanding.
- An understanding of, and experience of working within, Committee structures.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates
- Corporate Communications
- Public Affairs