Corporate Banking Manager - Bath
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established team at Bath branch as a Corporate Banking Manager.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for managing a portfolio of business customers across the full suite of corporate products and services. The portfolio is predominantly made up of property lending customers, in addition to a mix of local trading businesses and non-borrowing customers. You will enjoy full responsibility for all aspects of client relationships including preparation of credit applications, customer financial and risk analysis, balance sheet analysis, annual reviews, monitoring of management accounts, covenant compliance and profitability.
You will be required to develop the portfolio further to grow the business, through interaction with existing customers, as well as winning and on-boarding new customers, with a passion for customer service and strong focus on profitability and business development.
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of a portfolio of corporate customers. Building relationships with customers and ensuring customer satisfaction through the provision of excellent customer service
- Identifying, meeting and winning prospective new customers/introducers by outlining how we work and what we can offer in terms of service and facilities
- Completion of credit applications and credit annual reviews in line with the Bank's Credit Policy
- Interpretation of financial information provided by customers, evaluating lending propositions, assessing and formulating risk ratings correctly and structuring transactions, ensuring the right customer selection
- Develop and maintain a sound understanding of the local market, and to maintain relationships with professional firms and introducers
- Attendance at suitable networking events and undertaking focused business development activities
- Identify and offer customers on a needs basis, the appropriate Handelsbanken products and services, effectively communicating relevant features, benefits and risks
- General administration, preparation/reviewing of legal documentation for accounts (including KYC/AML reviews), lending facilities and securities
- Working alongside the branch team to ensure the highest levels of customer service and good administrative order are maintained whilst working to achieve the Branch Business Plan goals
Research (by Harvard University) shows that women are particularly likely to second guess themselves and not apply - so if you are worried you don't meet all the criteria, get in touch anyhow and let us do the worrying...
Applicants with a proven track-record in corporate relationship and portfolio management are welcomed. The successful candidate will have understanding of the Bank's Credit Policy and processes and will take the initiative to drive their own performance. They will have demonstrable knowledge of the Bank's suite of corporate products and a good understanding of competitor products, relevant industry and market driven trends. The applicant will take ownership of their portfolio and have strong business development capabilities.
The successful applicant will have the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels and represent Handelsbanken effectively. There will be significant contact with customers and external professionals and effective interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) are therefore essential.
The applicant must be a strong team player, flexible, proactive and conscientious and bring a positive attitude. The successful candidate will work with integrity and discretion and be able to work effectively under pressure.
The successful candidate will have full appreciation of the need to provide and be able to deliver an exceptional level of service to existing and potential customers. They will have strong attention to detail and an organised approach to work, and will be able to demonstrate their ability to work with high levels of accuracy.
Previous experience in dealing with lending documentation/security and AML/KYC procedures for business customers/transactions would be advantageous.
In order to successfully undertake this role, a high level of computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel) is essential. Training will be provided on additional internal IT systems.
Handelsbanken is a relationship bank with a decentralised way of working, a strong local presence thanks to a nationwide network of branches, and a long-term approach to customer relations. Each Handelsbanken branch operates as a local business enabling it to make decisions at a local level and provide a bespoke service. The focus is always on the need of the individual customer and not on the sale of specific products.
The Bank is deeply committed to embedding good equality and diversity practice into all of our activities. This is so that we are an inclusive, welcoming and inspiring place to work that encourages everyone to apply, regardless of socio-economic background, age, disability, pregnancy and/or parental status, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), veteran status, marital and civil partnership status, religion or belief, sex, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
At Handelsbanken, we deeply value our unique culture and values including trust in and respect for each individual. We take pride in nurturing a work environment where people flourish, and where they are empowered to take decisions in their areas of expertise. We take a long term perspective in everything we do and want each employee who joins us to build a long terms successful career with the Bank.
What is in it for you?
- We have a wide range of learning and development available, empowering and enabling our colleagues to take ownership of their own development.
- Competitive Salary and an extensive range of benefits is provided, including private medical insurance, income protection and life assurance
- A market-leading pension contribution of 15% paid by the bank, which can be invested in a wide range of funds (including ESG and Shariah funds)
Your journey with us begins once you have submitted your application. One of our Handelsbanken recruiters will be reviewing your details and will later organise a phone conversation if you match the role requirements. If there is a mutual fit, we will extend an invitation for you to participate in an interview.
How can we support you to be your best self? Our T
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'