Cook, The Knole, Cheltenham
Langley House Trust has opportunities for a Cook to join our team based in Cheltenham on a part time basis working a maximum of 20 hours per week, some of which will be unsocial. We are offering the successful candidate a salary of £9,741.00 per annum pro rata.
Langley House Trust is an innovative national Christian charity that provides specialist housing, programmes and support services in the community for offenders seeking to live crime-free lives. Since 1958 we have earned an enviable reputation for reducing reoffending with proven results.
Regardless of a person’s history, our passion is to change every life for the better, working with people of all faiths and none.
Langley House Trust is a national Christian charity specialising in providing at-risk marginalised groups (including those leaving prison) with accommodation, support and rehabilitation in a supportive Christian environment.
As our Cook your role will be to assist Managers and Key Workers in the delivery of a stable and effective project by the efficient delivery of the day-to-day service and in particular to prepare well balanced and nutritious meals and to ensure the domestic duties are undertaken.
Responsibilities of our Cook include:
- Play an active part in the assessment and management of risk to maintain a safe operating environment for staff, service users and the public.
- Promote high standards and to comply with all relevant legislation and regulations.
- Ensure that the kitchen is kept clean at all times.
- Oversee the purchase, safe storage and preparation, cooking and serving of all food within the project and disposal of waste.
- Plan menus in consultation with the manager and service users and ensure that there a sufficient quantities of stock to enable the meals to be prepared.
- Liaise with local suppliers as necessary seeking best value and to organise collection or delivery and to ensure that stock is correctly logged into the project.
- Regularly carry out stock checks ensuring that stock rotated, is stored correctly and that out of date items are removed.
- Organise and oversee Service User activities within the kitchen
To become our Cook you must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Trained in Food Hygiene standards level 2 or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of preparing and cooking meals, whether it be in a work or home environment
- Relates well to people of any background
- Experience of work in a challenging and demanding environment
- Good listening and speaking skills
- Able to deal discretely with delicate matters
- Fully supportive of equal opportunities for all
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible attitude
- Reliable and able to manage own workload
If you are in harmony with the Christian ethos of our organisation and wish to join our team as our Cook please click ‘Apply’ now!
Closing Date: 23/03/2018
We reserve the right to close earlier if we receive sufficient applicants. No Agencies or C.V’s
Please note that a satisfactory DBS check is required for all appointments within the Trust and that job offers will be subject to the Trust receiving satisfactory evidence of the successful applicant’s right to work in the UK.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job