Could you cook up a storm in our kitchen? Can you create an exciting balanced and nutritional menu to cater for our customers dietary requirements?
Our cooks are essential to our residential homes as they provide something for all to look forward to in nourishing and enjoyable meals. You will possess the ability to lead the catering team ensuring professionalism at all times meeting the needs of all of our customers.
To join our team we are looking for:
• A culinary background ideally within a care setting, however not essential as full training will be provided to the right candidate
• A multi tasker who has a passion for food, its taste and presentation
• Availability to work alternate weekends
• Someone with excellent communication skills with the ability to delegate
As one of the largest not-for-profit care providers in the South of England, we offer great career opportunities within a supported and reputable environment.
Benefits of working with us:
• A welcome bonus of £250
• Fully paid induction and free criminal records check
• Opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications whilst working (funded by Somerset Care)
• Structured career path and progression opportunities
• An employer contribution pension scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Shopping discount scheme where you can easily save money at almost any chain store or supermarket on the high street with instant vouchers and reloadable cards.
• Cycle to Work scheme
• 28 days annual leave
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Long Service Awards
• Annual Care Awards – recognising employees’ contribution
• Be Healthy Campaign promoting the health and wellbeing of our employees by providing free health checks, discounted gym membership along with advice and support.
• Refer a Friend Scheme
The postholder will be working on Mondays, Thursdays and alternate weekends.
If you are up to the challenge and would like to make a difference to people’s lives we would love to receive your application.
If you would like more information please contact our Recruitment Team on.
The application is in two parts. Part 1 is the application form and the second part is a personality and attitude assessment. Please note, you must submit the application form before proceeding to Part 2 AND both sections must be completed in order for your application to be considered.
Appointments are subject to a satisfactory certificate from the DBS. We are an equal opportunitiesemployer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job