Cook- part time x2 positions
Handford House, Ipswich, Suffolk
When we launched Healthcare Homes in 2005, our main objectives were to create an environment where residents receive the highest standards of care; where dignity is respected; where talents and interests are encouraged; and where life is lived to its fullest potential.
We have remained 100% focused to these objectives, and today continue to deliver the highest quality residential and nursing care to all residents who live in any one of our 35 homes across the South East.
Handford House are looking for an outstanding Cook to provide first class food and hospitality within the needs of a care home environment. It’s all about doing things a little bit differently.
Handford House is a spacious, bright, modern purpose-built nursing home which is registered with the Care Quality Commission for people over 50 years of age with nursing dementia care support needs or with physical frailty. The home also provides support for younger people aged 18 and over with physical disabilities. The home is ideally located a short distance from Ipswich town centre, accessible by major road routes and public transport. It is close to a wide range of local facilities including swimming baths, Ipswich Town football ground, cinema, library, theatre and major high street and local shops.
Our home can accommodate up to 52 residents and provides a full range of services.
If you join us as our Cook get ready for something new. Our unique approach to the care sector sets us apart, so to make things happen our people need to be a little bit different too.
As a Cook with Healthcare Homes you will demonstrate creative flair, nutritional understanding and leadership skills, combined with a genuine interest in the people we support. Highly valued and popular with residents, families and staff, our chefs are key personalities within our homes.
3:00pm to 7:00pm
7:00am to 3:00pm
Skills and experience for the Cook opportunity;
- Previous experience working as a professional Chef/Cook within an elderly care environment is desirable.
- Experience of designing and cooking nutritionally balanced meals incorporating any specific dietary requirements.
- Excellent planning, organisational and presentation skills.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- To be able to demonstrate an ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to take a pro-active approach.
- Excellent attendance and time keeping record.
- Flexible approach to work and ability to manage, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Being able to work flexible hours across all shifts.
This is a fantastic time to join Healthcare Homes, as we continue to grow and develop our services. If you have the unique qualities required for this exciting role and want to work with
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job