- Varied responsibilities in all levels of conveyancing, including residential, commercial, re-mortgages, plot sales and related works.
- Assist the more Senior Fee Earners on all aspects of conveyancing.
- Providing technical advice and support for the team.
- Keep up to date with any changes in the law.
- Training of junior staff in conjunction with the Head of Department and the Team Leader.
- Conduct of matters on behalf of clients in an appropriate and efficient manner.
- Give expert advice tailored to each clients’ needs.
- Participate in marketing activities whether on a firm-wide, departmental or office basis.
- Financial control with particular regard to cash flow control through accurate time-recording, collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- Comply with CPD requirements and identify specific training needs.
- Ensure compliance with SAR, SRA Code of Conduct and Lexcel rules and requirements for all matters for which you have conduct and promptly advise the Head of Department of any matter of concern.
- Share knowledge and ideas with colleagues in the department and firm-wide, as appropriate.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- 5 years+ PQE in Residential and Commercial Property.
- Qualified Solicitor or FCILEx.
- Takes a long-term view, sets goals for the future, taking a strategic perspective.
- Ability to organise own work within deadlines and to agreed standards.
- Takes ownership of any problems and maintains contact with client until they are resolved.
- Ability to work calmly and maintain a disciplined approach to the task under the pressure of deadlines and/or changing objectives.
- Takes personal pride in your work and is committed to producing work of highest quality and shows initiative in improving results.
- Can communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- £35,000 - £40,000
Quoting Reference MK/22428
By responding to this advert, you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'