One Housing helps people to live better by providing high quality homes and care across London and the South East. We manage approximately 17,000 homes and have plans to build 5,000 over the next ten years. We also support over 9,000 people to help them live independently.
Our vision is to create places for people to call home and support them to live well. We do this by ensuring our five core values are embedded in everything we do, and by creating teams of dedicated people who share these values and actively contribute to achieving our shared vision.
We have an opportunity for a Conveyancing Manager (Solicitor) to join our team in Suttons Wharf South until October, afterwards the definitive location would be Chalk Farm where the Head Office is located. The Conveyancing Manager will work in the Legal team and will be responsible for development site setup, general conveyancing and plot sales matters, as well as well as day-to-day management and supervision of the conveyancing and plot sales paralegals. This role would be suitable for candidates with the right skills and experience who also shares One Housing’s values and will make an active contribution to achieving our vision.
The role will sit within the Customer Operations department, which delivers a range of customer services through front line teams and specialist teams for our residents. This includes the corporate Customer Service Centre, income collection, staircasings and home purchase schemes, allocations, resident management and rent and service charge setting. Customer Operations also provides legal services to the organisation.
- Day-to-day management and supervision of Legal team’s plot sales and general conveyancing paralegals.
- Responsible for performance and supervisory oversight of a range of legal conveyancing transactions, including but not limited to, private and shared ownership sales, freehold transfers, licences, permissions, lease extensions, resales, staircasings, acquisitions and new build development work.
- Set up upcoming sales at new development sites, including preparation of legal packs, drafting of contracts, leases and transfers.
- Undertaking residential conveyancing on behalf of One Housing in relation to acquisition and disposal of any properties within One Housing’s property portfolio.
- Providing specialist legal advice and guidance to One Housing’s employees on matters of property law and management of properties within One Housing’s portfolio.
- Ensuring Legal team provides excellent customer-focused legal service to all its customers and clients.
- Maintain an accurate record of income, savings and legal work in accordance with the recording requirements prescribed.
- Meet all targets set and any relevant corporate objectives.
- Pro-actively build excellent relationships with customers and any internal or external stakeholders to ensure an outstanding legal service is provided.
- Must be a qualified Solicitor, a member of the Law Society of England and Wales and a holder of a current Practising Certificate issued by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
- Ability to demonstrate post qualification experience.
- Ability to build effective links with relevant stakeholders and clients both within One Housing and externally.
- Possesses good IT skills generally, but specifically in Excel and Outlook, as well as the ability to learn and master new systems quickly.
- Displays commitment to delivering exemplary customer service.
- Possesses experience of providing legal services with a commercial approach and demonstrating value for money.
We want to support our colleagues to live well, through our offer of Benefits and Recognition, and by focusing on your Wellbeing.
Our Life@One colleague offer, includes the following excellent benefits:
- Salary - £51 000 - £56 000 (depending on experience)
- Annual leave - 28 days + 8 bank holidays
- Pensions - One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is...
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'