Overview of position
This is a critical role within the busy automation division, providing proactive response to the varying and often demanding customer and field engineer needs.
Good all-round electronics knowledge & experience, plus computer skills are an advantage, the role will require the Supervisor to manage the workshop and the workshop staff efficiently and effectively.
They will also be required to run a stocktaking system and they will be involved in developing this system, they will also be involved in introducing and evaluating new products and the training of the automation engineers in their use.
The role is also customer facing and will involve problem solving with the customer over the phone and leading the team in this challenging part of the Workshop role.
* To oversee the assembly of automation systems to a high standard from drawings and data provided
* Adapt circuit configurations to provide solutions to various system requirements
* Build a solid knowledge of our product range past and present to advise and assist
customers and field engineers
* Fault finding both face to face and on the telephone to customers and engineers
* To provide test data on systems manufactured and record on paperwork
* To answer the phone efficiently and answer both internal and external queries
* To process call-outs from customers through the system
* Assist in checking goods in and recording goods out to maintain stock control
* Gain a solid understanding on the in-house computer system to enable correct allocation of components used
* To provide onsite assistance with or without field engineers as need arises
* To train engineers, both field & workshop in the entire Automation product range
* To train engineers/ workshop technicians in building systems and correct setting of parts
* To gather relevant technical information from other departments and problem solve
* To control the calibration register for test equipment for ISO 9001
* Liaise with purchasing department & management on stock control
* Be responsible for automation stock check and stock take system
* To meet deadlines for job builds and transportation
* To assist Product Manager with R & D on changing products
* Control van stock warehouse stocking
* Take appropriate actions when customer safety upgrade requirements have been identified
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a "clean" copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR - Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market...
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job